Author Topic: UW Act I Demo Release  (Read 126321 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The ****tiest thing is, you still have to download TVWP Enhanced and Normals from...

[font=<some random evil font>]FILEFRONT[/font]

:shaking:

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
The ****tiest thing is, you still have to download TVWP Enhanced and Normals from...

[font=<some random evil font>]FILEFRONT[/font]

:shaking:
Oh big deal.
I have never had problems with FileFront.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yes, it is a big deal.

Quote from: File Front Download Error
There was an error processing your request; it appears to be invalid or there was an error with your conection. Please wait while your request is retried...

If you need further help with a download, please contact FileFront support.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Hmm, I have never had 1 problem with FileFront.
Weird, weird like this smiley: :eek:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
So just because you don't have problems with FileFront, that means we don't either? :doubt:

[EDIT] Played a few missions. "Holy ****" is all I can say.

Spoiler:
Kinda dull without pilot heads popping up or targeting, but it lets me know that it's WAY in the past. :nervous: :D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 09:45:45 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Spoiler:
I love no targeting, it really gives a different style of gameplay and yeah, it does make you seem far in the past. The first thing I do after I finish the campaign is open up a .tbm and add an Ares, Maxim, Kayser, Treb and Tornado in there. :D

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Spoiler:
I love no targeting, it really gives a different style of gameplay and yeah, it does make you seem far in the past.
Good. :) There have been a few lively debates over the years on how that would be received.

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
hi,
cool! to bad that i have in the monent not the time to play it.

but i had the time to upload the files to my webspace :)

there the link of the mirriors:

TVWP-Root.zip
TVWP-enhanced.zip
TVWP-interface.zip
TVWP-missions.zip
TVWP-models.zip
TVWP-movies.zip
TVWP-normal.zip

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
AFAIK, most FileFront issues would be from using a non-standard downloader (eg, Free Download Manager, GetRight, FlashGet, etc, etc, which normally work excellently and really increase the speed and reliability of the download).  So, use your bypass key, or hit cancel on the download manager's window, and you should get the standard IE download box.  For FireFox, if you are using FlashGot plugin with an external downloader, just hit "Save to Disk" instead, or uncheck the "Use FlashGot" option.  Is this your problem?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I finished the demo; hot damn, I want more. :D

I found a slight goof though. The last cutscene plays before the last mission and then after the last mission, so it plays twice.

I also found a spelling error in one of the missions. Can't remember what it was now.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I finished the demo; hot damn, I want more. :D
Hopefully, more will be forthcoming very soon. :)

I found a slight goof though. The last cutscene plays before the last mission and then after the last mission, so it plays twice.
Noted.  Download a fixed campaign file from the first post in this thread.

I also found a spelling error in one of the missions. Can't remember what it was now.
Well, that doesn't help us much, does it? :p

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
whoaaa :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:! great work people!  :yes:
Feels like playing good old Terminus. Great idea, great concepts, nice political landscape.
Will there be voiceacting in the final campaign?

just one complaint, the way you have to download this sucks, couldn't you have made a optional all-in-one download?
on the other hand, I downloaded it already so it probably does not matter...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 05:42:15 am by Vidmaster »
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
Uh-oh, the lack of targeting is a feature - and I first thought I just made some stupid mistake while instaling the thing. :nervous: Don't know if I ever get used to that. I hope you didn't overdo with all the lowtech. But this is just my first impression, a real review follows as soon as I've finished the demo. :)

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
Well, it froze about one second into the outro cutscene, but I just went and extracted it from the VP and watched it manually. Haven't bothered trying it again. Did you want an error log? Or would that be better addressed to the SCP, seeing as it's more likely a 3.6.9 problem than a TVWP problem?
Spoiler:
The lack of targeting stays around just long enough to get used to it, then you wow me by giving back what you had taken away. Never again will I take targeting for granted. When I heard there was no targeting, I assumed there was just no lead indicator, and that I can deal with, but boy this was something different!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 08:00:25 am by Alan Bolte »
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Are these missions going to be included in the chapter 1, or is this totally separate?

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
These missions are Act I of three acts.  The final release will simply add Acts II and III.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Viper01

Excellent, I've always wanted a story leading up to FS. Thanks, downloading now!!!

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
These missions are Act I of three acts.  The final release will simply add Acts II and III.

cool
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Hmm, I have never had 1 problem with FileFront.
Weird, weird like this smiley: :eek:

Same here.  FileFront always works for me.