Author Topic: Freespace vs. X crossover debate...sigh :D  (Read 54412 times)

Offline Lucika

• Victim of trolling-related humor
  • Modding is l'art pour l'art
    • Syrk: The Unification Wars
Re: Freespace vs. X crossover debate...sigh :D
Derek Smart vs. Admiral Bosch in a modified Street Fighter?
HLP member 2008-2012 and Syrk:TUW project leader ~2010-2012

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
...And Axem as the "big bad" at the end? That would be EPIC!

:lol:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Axem needs a proper Dragon though.  I nominate Goober for the position of Axem's Dragon.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Actually, I think Axem would better be placed as Goober's Dragon...

...Also note that Axem has the advantage of having multiple EVIL alternate personalities (ex.: FRED, FRED2, etc.) - thus, he's kind of like Lex Luthor or some of those goofy X-Men villians: you just can't kill 'em.  :P

Karajorma, if made an evil entity, wouldn't need a dragon...  :lol:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Na, the Dragon is usually stronger than the Big Bad, and since Goober is an admin, he definitely qualifies as stronger.

Besides, Axem's multiple evil personae are a great reason why he should be the Big Bad, since like you said the Big Bads frequently come back again and again and again.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Well, the "big bad" is the "big bad" for a reason. Let's call Axem the "dragon with an agenda" and get Spoon on the line for a few more missions with the TDS.  :p

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline Snail

• SC 5
A wild Snail appeared!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
* Scotty uses Salt!

It's super-effective!

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
How about Freespace vs. A Series of Unfortunate Events (Netflix)?

That's an interesting move, since the Baudelaire orphans, immediately after the end of Chapter Fourteen (an extra book after The End), find themselves in the FreeSpace universe, and get captured by Vasudans (namely the Hammer of Light), and then get attacked by both the Neo-Terran Front and the Shivans, who have taken an interest in the Baudelaire fortune after dealing with the Quagmires for some reason.

It's also worth noting that the Shivans are worst than Count Olaf and the Great Unknown (the Bombinating Beast).
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Since this topic hasn't been posted in for four months as my last post here doesn't receive any attention. Enioch's question from the post on a thread about Mortal Engines movie "What the hell does Hester Shaw have to do with Shivans, the GTVA and the UGSF?" made me think of the Mortal Engines/FS/UGSF/BSG crossover. I was planning to post here on this folder.

Hester Shaw is a fan favourite (so does Shrike). Given that Hester is willing to kill anyone, I guess she might go after the GTVA. First Terrans. Vasudans. Then Shivans. The UGSF. The UIMS. The Galaga. Battura. Bosconians. Sadeen. And Cylons.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
What is about your FreeSpace: Reunited? Should that not be a BSG and FS crossover?

I mean you should think about how to make a proper working crossover between two things before you start even one with.... 4 whole franchises, or 5, because you also work on that Total Recall thing.. which could also easiiy tied in into this, i assume.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 02:54:47 pm by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Topic locked. Before Bryan resurrected it for no good reason, it lay dormant for 8 years. I don't know why he keeps ****ing up perfectly good threads with his crossover crap, but Bryan, I strongly suggest you start new topics instead of resurrecting old ones.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns