Author Topic: UW Act II Demo Release  (Read 44157 times)

Offline Lorric

I just downloaded and started it. Pretty good so far.

The campaign room lists THREE parts. I thought we only had two? :confused:

Apart from that: this is a hard campaign, but once you get the hang of it it's quite fun.

Biggest gripe: The Falcon is terrible. TAKE THE SHRIKE.
Baron, I think this is where you should be:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=72104.0

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2

Apart from that: this is a hard campaign, but once you get the hang of it it's quite fun.

Um... you're right. Bizarre; I couldn't find that thread before, but the downloads on this thread contain the whole thing. Thanks!
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Lorric

Um... you're right. Bizarre; I couldn't find that thread before, but the downloads on this thread contain the whole thing. Thanks!
You're welcome. It's stickied at the top, and I've just done some messing around with the game, and it appears to still work on 3.7.0, and I got no errors on starting it up, so you should be good to just download and play. And review... :D

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2

You're welcome. It's stickied at the top, and I've just done some messing around with the game, and it appears to still work on 3.7.0, and I got no errors on starting it up, so you should be good to just download and play. And review... :D

HEADDESK. You're right. I was looking for the thread to be called "Terran-Vasudan War Project", and the actual release thread slipped me completely. Sticky blindness! :P

EDIT: I may or may not review it. The issue is, I generally don't review WIP campaigns (that's one reason I haven't reviewed WiH yet). The question being, how stand-alone are the first three acts? If they feel like their own campaign in a series of campaigns,  they might be good review material; if they feel like the first three acts of an unfinished campaign, probably not. I'll have to finish them to decide.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:16:29 pm by InsaneBaron »
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Lorric

I personally feel it does feel like a standalone campaign rather than the first of many because of how it is. I know it's intended as a setup for more, but it could very easily be a standalone, if someone told you it was, you'd believe them. I can't really elaborate though. Spoilers. Anyway, it is of course up to you, but I think it's quite review-worthy on it's own. Especially when this project is sadly basically dead anyway at this point, so this is all there is or likely gong to be.

BTW, there's a campaign file which contains all three acts in one. Choose that one. It's one big campaign then.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
You might want to hold off on playing through the UW for a short time... ;)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
I personally feel it does feel like a standalone campaign rather than the first of many because of how it is. I know it's intended as a setup for more, but it could very easily be a standalone, if someone told you it was, you'd believe them. I can't really elaborate though. Spoilers. Anyway, it is of course up to you, but I think it's quite review-worthy on it's own. Especially when this project is sadly basically dead anyway at this point, so this is all there is or likely gong to be.

BTW, there's a campaign file which contains all three acts in one. Choose that one. It's one big campaign then.

Hm. Okay. If that's the case it sounds reviewable.
I am using the "full" campaign file. I just noticed the three parts, which aroused my curiosity.

@Admiral Nelson: Really? why? *suspense*  :nervous:

Offline Lorric

You might want to hold off on playing through the UW for a short time... ;)
Yes, have you got something up your sleeve?

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Yeah, I'd hold off on reviewing this mod for some time.  It isn't in the best shape as released, though that will change.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Yeah, I'd hold off on reviewing this mod for some time.  It isn't in the best shape as released, though that will change.

I'll wait on the review, agreed, but should I wait to play it? I'm already a good way into act 1. It works fine so far; no bugs or anything.

He answered my question by hiring me. ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 12:36:48 pm by InsaneBaron »

Offline Lorric

He answered my question by hiring me. ;)
Huh?

I think he's been hired to review the campaign so that they can make it nice and shiny for the rest of us ;)

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
I think he's been hired to review the campaign so that they can make it nice and shiny for the rest of us ;)

I can't give away too much, but let's just say I'm now on the TVWP putting my established skillset to use  ;)

Offline Lorric

I can't give away too much, but let's just say I'm now on the TVWP putting my established skillset to use  ;)
You got badged. :)

Your "established skillset" is reviewing. So I guess X3N0-Life-Form's guess is correct.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2

You got badged. :)

Your "established skillset" is reviewing. So I guess X3N0-Life-Form's guess is correct.

Pretty close!  ;7

Anyway, I've gotta sign off HLP for a few days- exam week and all. Adios Amigos!

Offline Lorric

Bye! :)

I wonder if this will stop you reviewing things? I am quite fond of this campaign though, so you helping it to improve is great.