Author Topic: Unification War Release  (Read 48958 times)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Still wondering why Jovian wings are named after Italian cities. Must have something to do with Galileo, I think... can anyone confirm this?

And the answer, from seven years ago....

I always figured the JC as a massive sprawling empire dealie - after all, four gas giants, which is bigger than anything anybody else has got. Compare to the UNE, which has only the three planets, only one of which is properly populated. They're the biggest power in terms of territory, and second biggest in terms of military might (UNE has biggest fleet). Like America around the time of WW2, they're the up-and-coming superpower surrounded by older declining powers (presumably the LR and PRM were powerful during the earliest days of solar colonisation).

I s'pose that may have been another reason for the Italian - links via Latin to Roman Empire, big superpower of the Ancient World.

But I just picked it 'cause I needed to call the wings something. Perhaps Latin might work, as a kind of counterpoint to the LR's Greek alphabet. Maybe.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Interesting citation! :yes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: Unification War Release
will ya try to get this one voice acted next?

You could try to contact voice actors that do minor lines for other projects, for example the BluePlanet actors.
In my experience, that works pretty well. Go talk to them.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The Blue Planet stuff actually came and talked to us (or specifically me), based on our voice actor contact list and experience from Silent Threat: Reborn. :p

And one of the things I learned (along with Galemp and Admiral Nelson) is that voice acting is a tremendous amount of work and requires a tremendous amount of time.  I honestly don't think voice acting is merited for the Unification War.

But if you disagree, you're welcome to join the UW team and lead a voice acting effort yourself. ;)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Played MOST of the campaign, act I and II are ok, story is kinda simple and vague but I played along.
act III is horrible, needs at least a recheck on every mission, most of them are either unbalanced or badly fredded.
Still I firmly believe this campaign with a little rewriting and retouching would make a fine product, so do you still have a team working on this or it has been abandoned?
el hombre vicio...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Played MOST of the campaign, act I and II are ok, story is kinda simple and vague but I played along.
act III is horrible, needs at least a recheck on every mission, most of them are either unbalanced or badly fredded.
Still I firmly believe this campaign with a little rewriting and retouching would make a fine product, so do you still have a team working on this or it has been abandoned?

i hope it r ded

And yeah, Act 3 was where I lost steam on my first playthrough.

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
I downloaded all the "Required" files, extracted, then got an error about the Main Hall. All black except for a static picture of "Command" (from main FS2 screen).

Downloading the optional interface art, hopefully this will fix the problem. It is meant to work without the optional interface art, right? Looking forward to starting :)
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
Yay, worked great with the (very nice) interface art. A few questions - does the "full" campaign have anything else that the "act1 + act2 + act3" campaigns?

Also, a few missions left hanging with nothing to do, especially if you
Spoiler:
kill all the fighters and bombers before the friendly Reliant gets to 1%

And, the AI flying around in circles like the big mommas in AoE RoR,   :lol:

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
Idle time  ;)

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yay, worked great with the (very nice) interface art.
Great!  Thank Lightspeed for that. :)

A few questions - does the "full" campaign have anything else that the "act1 + act2 + act3" campaigns?
The Unification War is exactly that.  Hopefully there will be a subsequent Terran-Vasudan War released sometime in the future.

And, the AI flying around in circles like the big mommas in AoE RoR,   :lol:
Hmm.  That's probably due to the normal "fly in a large circle" idle behavior, but due to the unique handling of UW fighters, the circle is a lot faster and smaller!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Just an FYI, I downloaded the .zip files, total size (including ref Bible) @ 109 MB.  Re-compressed all .zip files to one .7z file @ max settings and got 87.6 MB.   EDIT: Compressed individually the way they were released, I get 88.0 MB.  So, if you want, you could save a bit of bandwidth by releasing in .7z format.  Here's the settings:

Format
Level
Method
Dictionary size
Word size
Solid Block size
# CPU threads
7z
Ultra
LZMA
64 MB
Solid
2 / 1
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 04:58:06 am by jr2 »

hows goining

Offline Veers

Already released, you can download from the first post in this thread. As seen below.

The TVWP team is proud to bring you this complete release of Chapter 1 of the Terran-Vasudan War Project: The Unification War!

Installation
TVWP requires the SCP, version 3.6.10 at minimum.  Download the files below, and place them all in a new mod folder.  You do not want a mod.ini which references the MediaVPs or any other mod.  TVWP is fully self-contained and provides its own mod.ini.

Required files:

TVWP Root (21.4 mb): NukeLOL

TVWP Models (8.2 mb): NukeLOL

TVWP Missions (356 kb): NukeLOL

Optional files:

(Note that if you already downloaded a previous release, you do not need to re-download these files.)

TVWP Interface (16 mb), brand new interface art custom designed by Lightspeed: NukeLOL

TVWP Enhanced (39.8 mb), includes shine/glow maps, hi res dds textures, hi res backgrounds: NukeLOL

TVWP Normal Maps (12 mb), normal maps creaated by freespaceking for TVWP models: NukeLOL

TVWP Movies (14.6 mb), contains the Act I outro: NukeLOL

Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

i mean chapter 2

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
All chapters of TUW are released, what you may be waiting for is the continuation.. that's TVWP, a completely different mod.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
I didn't want to post it somewhere else: I believe that downloads are missing table files. After downloading & unpacking & launching first mission i got missing stuff error, and then everyone flying Ulysses.
I used links from FSWiki... I'm attempting to re-download.

EDIT:
I just wanted to play the nice campaign... and BAM. Sorry for posting in a long-not-posted topic.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Lorric

I didn't want to post it somewhere else: I believe that downloads are missing table files. After downloading & unpacking & launching first mission i got missing stuff error, and then everyone flying Ulysses.
I used links from FSWiki... I'm attempting to re-download.

EDIT:
I just wanted to play the nice campaign... and BAM. Sorry for posting in a long-not-posted topic.
I know this works because I've played it right through, and it's enjoyable. Maybe try the links in the OP? I'm sure that's what I did. I don't know how it will respond to today's version (3.7.0) though. I know it works on 3.6.12.

Offline Mito [PL]

FOUND IT! Models VP file is missing tables. I am pretty sure, if you want i can throw a screenshot.
File downloaded from link in the first post.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Lorric

FOUND IT! Models VP file is missing tables. I am pretty sure, if you want i can throw a screenshot.
File downloaded from link in the first post.
I know little about tables. I've looked in my own Models VP file though and there are no tables, and it of course works for me. There are table files in the Root VP though, including a ships.tbl.

Offline Mito [PL]

Now it works... well. I had to screw up SOMETHING while unpacking... Sorry for unnecessary spam, i really thought that something's wrong.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.