Author Topic: [PLAYERS FOR BETATEST NEEDED] Updated Silent Threat Coop  (Read 238 times)

Offline Novachen

• The one and only Capella supernova.
[PLAYERS FOR BETATEST NEEDED] Updated Silent Threat Coop
Heyya,

for an update of my FreeSpace Port Translation Package (which is actually bilingual [en/de] and now merged with the FSPort Mission Upgrade Pack) i also included FSPort's multiplayer missions this time.

That includes the several available coop campaigns and missions as well.

Next to Bugfixes and Changes in the "The Last Hope" and "Journey to Altair" campaigns, where i simply did the same bugfixes as for their single player counterparts (Act 3 Missions 1-6), i put much more effort into the Silent Threat coop campaign, because previously it was more or less the (unpolished) Single Player campaign that were made available for 8 players, so it was even beatable alone without any death.

Because this campaign is intended to be played with up to 8 players instead, i changed the balancing in all 12 missions so that the players have to encounter a few more enemies to make this campaign more challenging.

Due to the fact i have only my husband to play with, i actually search for a group of regular Freespace multiplayer pilots (if they still exist, i played Online MP 10 years ago the last time :D) who want to put the campaign to the test. I simply want to know if this campaign is still manageable to beat without big frustration by a group of 4-8 players... or if they are simple too much enemies now, which make this campaign too hard (well, for me alone it is ^^)

Because a slightly changed FSPort is used (due to translation purposes) aswell the FSPort-MediaVPs_2014 i think that only Network and Direct Connections will work and nothing that uses a Master Server with verified mods and missions
(i have to admit, that i do not know, how this is handled currently ^^)
Female FS2 pilot since 1999.

German Translations created by me:
Between the Ashes: Slaves of Chaos, FreeSpace Port, The Destiny of Peace, Silent Threat: Reborn, Awakenings (in development)

Upgrades and Bugfixes:
FSPort Mission Upgrade, Luyten Civil War, Into the Halls of Valhalla, VeniceMirror

Other projects:
Out of the Shadow: Nova Safiya Edition (Remake of the Out of the Shadow campaign, in development)

If you want to know, what my nickname means, -chen is a german diminutive term, so you can translate Novachen as something like Little Nova or Novalet.
Even my original meaning of this name is more like "Sweet pretty deadly (Super)Nova" ;).

Offline Novachen

• The one and only Capella supernova.
Updated Silent Threat Coop released
Well seems no one is interested into this or is not playing in Multiplayer anymore :D.

But well, if some of you change your mind, i actually released it as part of FreiRaum: FreeSpace Port, it is included in the "Universal - Silent Threat Coop Multiplayer" installer package, which can be installed separately like all other campaigns and missions.
Female FS2 pilot since 1999.

German Translations created by me:
Between the Ashes: Slaves of Chaos, FreeSpace Port, The Destiny of Peace, Silent Threat: Reborn, Awakenings (in development)

Upgrades and Bugfixes:
FSPort Mission Upgrade, Luyten Civil War, Into the Halls of Valhalla, VeniceMirror

Other projects:
Out of the Shadow: Nova Safiya Edition (Remake of the Out of the Shadow campaign, in development)

If you want to know, what my nickname means, -chen is a german diminutive term, so you can translate Novachen as something like Little Nova or Novalet.
Even my original meaning of this name is more like "Sweet pretty deadly (Super)Nova" ;).