Author Topic: Bullet Time test render  (Read 2116 times)

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
Bullet Time test render
test render for bullet time effect (i admit to abit of post in photoshop though =) just to take the cg edgeoff it though =)

on another note (to the admins) any chance of hosting for all my images and stuff.... please pwitty pwittyyyyyyy pleeaaaaaaseeeeeee!!!!!!! my cut off day is getting rapidly closer
ARGHHH

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
heeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy neato!!!!
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
very nice!  how exactly did you do that? (from start to finish) :D

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
Originally posted by Stealth
very nice!  how exactly did you do that? (from start to finish) :D

His secret!

For you never to know and me to pry out of him(threats to.. well.. ==plane travelling at mach 2 flies by, drowning out words==... work well.)

Offline icespeed

looks like crystalised air, or ice, behind the bullets.
pretty!
$quot;Let your light shine before men...$quot;
Matthew 5:16

When I graduate, I'm going to be a doctor, and people are going to come to me looking for treatment and prescription drugs, and I'm going to give it to them. Is anyone scared yet?

$quot;If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.$quot; Romans 10:9

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
its fairly simple acaully you use lightwave?
 basically create curve lathe it  duplicate it reducing it hight and width by 50 % then streach it from teh bullet namr the inner one somethingand the outer one something else althouh in the end i think they had the same texture - not sure if in max you have weight maps but i used a weight map and painting it at the traning edge to try and  use it to taper off so there was no hard egdes partically sucessful -still needs a bit of work though anyway i repeated the tube process making another one but a different shape and longer than the first set

anywya you need a fairly desnce mesh so use alot of divsion in your curve in lightwave go to option and set curve to fine then lathe it

anywa then jitter ( hmm randomise the location) of the points by  small amount it likk look like hell after this but then use a sub d surfacing onit - think this iscalled mesh smooth in max

oh thesecond set os dual tubing is a different surface from teh first

no basically on the first one set tranpaeerncy to about 60% and give it a light grey colour give it some edge transparency set the refractive index to about fall off with the weight map so it should be 1 at the end ie no effect and at the front i gave it RF of 1.1 you might want this slightly different thoguh upto you

the outer tube has refractive index of 1 all along it but is otehr wise the same as the first one (first one should use the weight map for atransparency fall off to 100% aswell)

anyway then make a basic hall and dump the bullets in and go for it
ARGHHH

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
hmm the secrets of post process hmmmmmm oh ok its just a small secret

take the image dupicate the background layer increase the contrast but i think i used about 30% then add a guasssian blur of well 6.0 works quite well then drop that layer transparency down try 30% jsutplay witht ehsetting till it looks cool flatten then save =) bang
ARGHHH

Offline RoachKoach

• Artisté
    • http://heavymetalinc.ath.cx
hollowpoints , why u dirty bastard :D

they should ban those things, theyre sick. go in the size of a coin, come out the size of a tennis ball, at least

oh, and AMAZING :yes: :yes: :yes:
http://heavymetalinc.ath.cx

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
W00T! :D:yes:
Habeeb it...

Offline Redfang

That's very nice! :eek2::yes:

Even if bullet wouldn't look like that in slowed time...

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
That's really awesome KillMeNow, kudos! But what did you need to do in PS to touch it up?
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
i explained the photoshop touch up above =)
ARGHHH