Author Topic: RELEASE: HadNyxified... Rough Fenris  (Read 9066 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
RELEASE: HadNyxified... Rough Fenris
I literally have no idea how many ships I ever made. But about a month ago I realized that except for fix for HTL Ulysses, I never made any contribution to FreeSpace Upgrade Project o___O. Shame on me!

Hades' gorgeous HTL Fenris is gathering dust since 2014, while HTL Leviathan is bristling with fancyness since the release of MVP 3.8. For this reason I contacted FSU Team and Hades, and obtained the mesh. Rest of the story is obvious. Fenris is one of the oldest HTL ships in MediaVPs, so it's about time for it to catch up it's younger, heavier brother in terms of quality :)

She's obviously dran'g'drop replacement for Fenris in current MVPs and comes with her own modular table to replace MVP one.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 01:15:02 pm by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Re: RELEASE: HadNyxified Shiny Fenris
:yes: :yes: :yes:

mjn you most make update now ;)

I literally have no idea how many ships I ever made. But about a month ago I realized that except for fix for HTL Ulysses, I never made any contribution to FreeSpace Upgrade Project o___O. Shame on me!

hmmmm... what about a... HTL Demon? ;7 It looks so ugly next to all the fancy new stuff from INF although I always liked the original design, and I'd guess if you can't do it, nobody ever will.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
There are three Demon WiPs by three different prople - Bobbtman, Esarai and Oddgrim. One more and they start changing HLP logos and everything to pentagrams o___O
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Are they even available? I remember some years ago people were discussing that because all of them went missing (also, TrashMan made one too).

BTW
Detail1 => "turret09n-01-main" should be "turret09b-01-main"
Detail2 => "turret09c-01-main_001" without _001

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
A Fenris! It'd be a shame if someone were to... lob a bunch of tempests at it...

But seriously this looks real nice. Going to give it a try later today.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Are they even available? I remember some years ago people were discussing that because all of them went missing (also, TrashMan made one too).

BTW
Detail1 => "turret09n-01-main" should be "turret09b-01-main"
Detail2 => "turret09c-01-main_001" without _001
Fixed.

None of them was ever completed. Oddgrim's one is the most advanced, but still in pretty early stage.

I see, the chance of this happening is tiny. :( Well, that way I can put more of them on screen. :drevil:

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
WOOT!

Could you please make a slightly less-shiny version?  Because if you go into the F3 shiplab and set the Gloss override to around 100 it looks Waaay Better and more contestant with the Levi IMHO.

Still, looks great either way!
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
The squishiest cruiser, shiny and chrome!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
The red circle is a basstube.   
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
well done & thank you to you both!
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

is this on knosses

I don't think there are many ship individual ship mods on Knossos - this thing here will hopefully be part of the MVPs soon, so I don't see the need for it.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
This is glorious.

Now I'll have regrets when shooting down these! :P
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
This is glorious.

Now I'll have regrets when shooting down these! :P
Nope, this is other Fenris. Glorious was destroyed in Regulus :]

It won't be on Knossos unless somebody add it or Mjn.Mixael include it in MediaVPs. I see no reason for Knossos release for single ship.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
 Uh, I'm saying this a second time because I think it was missed, but I would like an optional less-shiny version please.

To be blunt: Having a Matt gray Leviathan and a CHROMETM Fenris is kinda off-putting.  Screenshots with comparison: 
(the last one is a Fenris with the gloss override set to 100 because I think that looks better) Sorry if it seems like I'm nagging.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
In fact almost whole Leviathan was supposed to be metallic, but fightermedic broke something during the conversion and whole Levy is covered in... Something different. Dunno. DahBlount confirmed that current Leviathan has broken reflectance values.

I won't change Fenris because this is how metal behave. Your bloom settings are responsible for this overshiny effect. Glowmaps indicate that you use some higher value.

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
I think you misunderstood our conversation about the Leviathan. The big issues with the Levi textures are artifacts introduced by DXT compression and some minor issues with reflectance values being somewhat off from the intended values. For what it's worth, fightermedic intended the Leviathan to be painted with some edge wear that exposed bits of metal, he said so himself.

In addition, I don't understand your conclusion that the Fenris is so metallic. Volition did not establish any ships as being metallic and it clashes with every other ship in the GTVA that others have worked on.
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Nyx ships are shiny, one way or another~