Author Topic: SHINY - MediaVP 3.6.8 Delta  (Read 87574 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Re: SHINY - MediaVP 3.6.8 Beta
That sounds like you aren't using a recent enough build, that supports XMTs. You'll need to use a CVS build, not 3.6.7.
-C

BTW:
:welcome: darkship!

Hell.. I should really search that great welcome speech from (forgot it) ;)

When I run I get no music or sound effects.  However, voice works.  There is also audio during cutscenes.  They are turned up in the tech room.  Using 12-22 CVS build with all these new media vp's.
how do i shot gun???

Offline Fenrir

• ?
You've got OpenAL installed, right? Check the CVS Builds thread if you don't...

That fixed it.  Just some issues now

Occasional missing textures
Shockwaves don't show up.  I'm not sure if it's just occasional or not as in I only notice when they're not there, but I'm fairly sure they just aren't.
Large ship 'engine trails' seem to be gone, if that makes any sense.  It's just the little circular glow from the engine, and not the lingering trail that has always been there.

edit: Downloaded new shockwave pof, fixed the shockwave problem.

Still the issue with the engine trail things, it's not just for large ships but for every ship.  It's highly noticeable.
Still sometimes missing textures but its completely random so there are no solid instances of it occuring to really report for.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 12:07:32 pm by LOA--Paul »
how do i shot gun???

Hey one question, can i use the 3.6.8 beta texture and model.....while using the 3.6.7...or it'll crash or something???

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It's generally a bad idea to mix and match generally as some VPs depend on the contents of others. That said the worst you'll get is a crash (or at the very worst a lock). Run it in window mode and see what happens if you want. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline WMCoolmon

Shockwaves don't show up.  I'm not sure if it's just occasional or not as in I only notice when they're not there, but I'm fairly sure they just aren't.
Large ship 'engine trails' seem to be gone, if that makes any sense.  It's just the little circular glow from the engine, and not the lingering trail that has always been there.

Still the issue with the engine trail things, it's not just for large ships but for every ship.  It's highly noticeable.
Still sometimes missing textures but its completely random so there are no solid instances of it occuring to really report for.

I haven't really noticed this. What missions is it happening on? Maybe it's a memory problem.
-C

Karajorma: so far its going pretty good, havn't got an error nor crash.....yet.....right now i'm on the awaking campaign that was release.....havnt try any of the fs2 campaigns, and see if it crash or not

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Warpcore seems to be having a hiccup or whatever - links are down for the time being.

So no, it's not you.

Phew...was worried there for a moment.
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

I haven't really noticed this. What missions is it happening on? Maybe it's a memory problem.
The textures thing or the engine thing?

Whenever the texture thing happens I just reload the mission and that seems to fix it.  It's random, any mission.  Usually if I fail it and have to start again it seems.

The engine thing- that's all the time.  It really is visually displeasing, too.  I'd give it a high priority for that.
how do i shot gun???

Offline WMCoolmon

The textures thing sounds a lot like a not-enough-memory thing. I had the same problem with my MX440.

I'm going to take a guess and say that it may be because of the way that fs2_open handles textures. Basically when a texture is 'loaded' it only creates space for the entry - not the image data. But all the code will assume that the image can be loaded. So, when it gets to image 44 and there's just not enough space, the code will still try to draw texture 44 there - but it won't be loaded. In that case, maybe a variable isn't initialized or something so it just tries to draw a trash texture value which may or may not correspond to an actual texture.

On a side note, does anyone else think that the lights on planete look more like some kind of alpha error? I honestly thought it was an alpha prob after seeing it in the 2nd mission of Sync, but then again, I was sort of looking for problems like that.
-C

Offline WMCoolmon

MediaVPs updated.

CVS builds that support them will be up in a few minutes.
-C

Just wanted to report that everything is working fine with the updated MediaVPs...

Shockwaves - working
Textures - perfect
Nameplates - working
Models - all working

I love it :)
But I still think that I need MUCH MORE RAM...
512 MB RAM + 64 MB VRAM aren't enough...

hey uh, i ran into a problem after i dl the new vp files....after i put the update vp files and the latest build, and all the sudden i get an error saying that the turrent angel.....suggestions??

ok another problem.......two ships from the tech.....textures are mess up or something....the ships look like bold or something.....if i can get a screen shot (if i can figure out how to do it....... :shaking:)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
CVS builds that support them will be up in a few minutes.

You'd better edit that first post to make it much clearer how new a version of CVS you'll need. That green text is barely visible and far too small for something that important and easily missed.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
ok another problem.......two ships from the tech.....textures are mess up or something....the ships look like bold or something.....
Which ships.  D3D/OGL?  Video card?

if i can get a screen shot (if i can figure out how to do it....... :shaking:)
Just hit the PrintScreen key (PrtScn).

well i figure out what the problem was, it was teh environment mapping (which i took that off), and everything looks good, and start playing ITDOH chp 1, and get an error of the helios tech pof...but i put the tech pof, mapping file and the table file in their folders and can't play.......man this sucks... :confused: