Author Topic: GTD Orion 3ds / max format model?  (Read 4212 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
GTD Orion 3ds / max format model?
Er, obviously a request for one (i.e. the HTL version).  Figured it made more sense to post here as this was where it was made.  So to speak.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Re: GTD Orion 3ds / max format model?
Coming right up.

And here you go.  Link's good until the end of the week, at which point I'm going to have to remove everything in prep for the closure of the account.  That's the POF ready version, but removing the lower LOD bits shouldn't be a problem if you're going to be making cutscenes out of it or something.  If you need the custom texture, just let me know.

Credits of course to Bob (mesh), and Galemp (texturing, those shiny new radar dishes); my part in this POF was all on the POFing end once Galemp remapped it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 02:08:32 pm by StratComm »
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Marvellous, thanks.  What's the custom texture, though? 

It'd be handy to have the texture files as well, I think, but not exactly vital - I presume they'll all be in the media VPs after all (although I'd take bumpmaps if they're going :D).

(I am that lazy I'd rather have someone post them to me than convert myself ;)).

Incidentally, I'd take a Typhon & Anubis in Max format if it was going, too....morseo the latter, because I don't have FS1 installed at the mo. :)

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Ah, sorry don't have either of those in Max format.  (Well I do have the Typhon, but it's about 10% through its HTL upgrade and so isn't "right").  The texture that will ultimately be missing from that Orion - a file named "getile" - is just one of the cargo girder-like tiles with the part under the girder recolored blue and should be in the media VPs.  I'd post it but I'm just about to run out the door myself.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Ah, sorry don't have either of those in Max format.  (Well I do have the Typhon, but it's about 10% through its HTL upgrade and so isn't "right").  The texture that will ultimately be missing from that Orion - a file named "getile" - is just one of the cargo girder-like tiles with the part under the girder recolored blue and should be in the media VPs.  I'd post it but I'm just about to run out the door myself.

No probs.

Oooh, if you're doing an HTL job on the Typhon remember to look up the V version from the Silent Threat anis.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I got Strat in touch with another image of the Typhon model with the same hull additions as seen in the ST video.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Raa has a ridiculously high poly Typhon, IIRC.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
It's just meshsmoothed though IIRC.  My intention is to go for something a little more detailed.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
It's just meshsmoothed though IIRC.  My intention is to go for something a little more detailed.

It was indeed, and I do not have it anymore anyway.

A shame we're using that ani. I think V really killed the look of the Typhon in that, with those added bits. Instead of looking fierce and imposing, it looks like it's been in a knife fight and has a few blisters and boyles. :{
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yep. That Typhon is much uglier than the original. I'd advise going from the original instead :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Which is what I'm planning on doing ;)

In the case of a vasudan design, greebly bits do not make a better ship.  I've already smoothed the parts of the hull that need smoothing, and plan on really detailing up the non-smooth hull pieces around the bridge, engines, fighterbays and those arm things.  I don't want to break that surface up too much in all honesty because it doesn't add anything to the design to do so.