Author Topic: Hi Poly Elysium  (Read 22539 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
 :jaw: 'tis amazing *bursts into tears*

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
*picks jaw up off floor* :eek2:

That is flat-out stunning.  It'll look unbelievable in-game.

Offline starfox

All too sweet....
:yes:

Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline SA22C

Holy crap.  That's teh sexiest box evar!  :yes:

I must have it!

Offline Axem

Turret + engine exhausts added. Still just a few small things to fix, and then it's ingame time.

Now to ask for people's opinion about the "weight". The goal was 4k polys (triangulated) but its grown to just over 5k. Do you think 5k too much for a tiny transport like this?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i can't see the turret. :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
not really.

i managed to get 5k polys for a rather detailed fighter, so getting 5k for a transport aint too much.

(rather detailed fighter=hi-poly hiigaran interceptor for the TAP :p)

stuff here was directed to the question of 5k polys being too much or not

Axem, your spelling is waaay off :p  :lol:
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Axem

Also, you don't traditionally see more than 1 (maybe 2) Elysiums close up, so I think 5k might be okay.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
aye.

exactly the point. elysiums are in total... i dont think i ever saw more than 3-5 elyisiums in a mission. :wtf:
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
release eet. NOW.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
That was bloody quick! Amazing stuff. :yes:

Offline Axem

Hypothetically releaseable. But there is one or two more things it'd like to do before then (mostly UV mapping). But all the POF data is transferred (just a few very slight modifications to suit the model) and it converts happily (except for an odd LOD problem).

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie

Hey, it looks like its giving me the... whatcha call it... not the finger, the thing where you cross one arm laterally and then take the other one and slam it upwards until it makes contact just further back from the elbow, against the first arm?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
:(

Take that filter!
What the hell is a turrent?
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Hey, it looks like its giving me the... whatcha call it... not the finger, the thing where you cross one arm laterally and then take the other one and slam it upwards until it makes contact just further back from the elbow, against the first arm?

You're thinking of "up yours" or something like that I do believe. They do it as part of the salute in Spaceballs if I remember correctly.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.

You're thinking of "up yours" or something like that I do believe. They do it as part of the salute in Spaceballs if I remember correctly.
HAIL SKROOB!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You're never going to see as many of these in the game as you do a fighter so double the poly budget of a fighter is fine by me.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Axem

Well argument over. Have fun! :)

High Poly GTT Elysium

Hopefully everything is all in order. If you're having any problems with it, let me know and I'll try to fix them as soon as I can.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:jaw:

holy ****?