Author Topic: Hi Poly Tsunami Model  (Read 7223 times)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Re: Hi Poly Tsunami Model
Thrusters definitley need far more detail on them, and yu definitley need way less polygons on that thing.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
does anyone know what i can use to lessen the poly count without royally screwing up the model? because if i took off les polies it would look less hi-poly-ish.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Curved sections.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£

That's approx 800 polies, I'll post a dxf later so you can take a look at the model itself :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
busted link.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Damn! FTP is being a real pain, it'll display stuff in image links, but whenever I do a direct link, it says the thing doesn't exist.....:wtf:

Testing something..

That's just wierd... It'll load jpg's and mp3's, but not .dxf's or .ogg files :wtf:

I'll try zipping it, one sec....

http://www.aqsx85.dsl.pipex.com/Tsunami.zip

Ok, it works, how screwed up is that????
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 08:04:29 pm by Flipside »

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Hmm

Take another looks at the cbanim. The thrusters consist of two cylindrical segments each, one of which connects to the main body, the other contains the actual thruster tip.

actualy, mabye not.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Yeah, I as working from the picture posted earlier alone, and did the base section wrong, but it's really more a demo of how to reduce the number of polies in each section. It basically means using subobjects that intersects each other very slightly, rather than trying to weld everything together into one object, which I think is what is causing Cobras high polycount :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
well, dayamn, look at this:

and that's about 1500 polies. now i just have to work on getting those thruster pods looking decent.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 01:57:38 am by Cobra »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
OK, here's a near-final model. some of the sections might need to be resized or redone, depending on the feedback. The polycount is 4552 with the thrusters on the bottom, and 3814 without.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Could use a lot of optimization. With 4552 polygons, you should be able to have greebles up the wazoo. I see a start on that model, but not very much.
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
can someone optimize it for me? i don't have the tools.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Yeah, it's looking good, but should eb optimised, curved surfaces look ot have an unnecesary amount of polygons...
actualy, mabye not.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Here's the DXF if anyone wants to optimize it. I had to use a different hosting service since Fileh seems to be having server troubles.