Author Topic: Questions from the noobie.  (Read 2237 times)

Questions from the noobie.
Well, I'm having problems....

I downloaded the official 3.6.7 build from the scp webby recently, and that works fine. However, when I came here and saw some of the spanking new unofficial releases, and some of the upgrades, such as getting the mve's working again, I thought I'd try downloading and playing with them.

Now unless i'm very very wrong, all I thought I had to do was download the new build and direct the launcher to get it up and running. Someone made a 3.6.9 build which was great, except the lighting didn't work (unless I'm mistaken and should have downloaded something else in tandem) so everything looked big and bright.

Some of the other scp builds i have bigger problems with. The splash screen appears and is overly large and off the screen and I can't see anything, beginning with the ship screen as everything is a big white block. No movies or anything.

So tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Re: Questions from the noobie.
:welcome:

Welcome to HLP. Please keep all appendages within the installation at all times. Flamethrowers are located underneath all seats, however, due to the rising cost of oil, the ID / evolution debate (don't debate me on Whether or not there is a debate), :v:, and the meaning of life, the napalm has been replaced with Holy Water. Plasma rifles are located in the weapons locker, but only Admins, :v:, or a hyper-intelligent shade of blue have access to these areas. If you meet a Shivan in the ductwork it is most likely Carl, give him your lunch and back away slowly, odds are good you'll be fine. Recommend reading includes Karajorma's Freespace FAQ for general questions, and The Freespace Wiki for specific issues and questions.

In your case I'd say that reading the posts in the various threads would help a lot.

edited to just be unhelpful, as opposed to stupid

« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 05:16:13 am by Mars »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
First thing to check is if you have OpenAl installed.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

To that second post.. wow... Just wow :D

Yup I got it sorted eventually. It took me about 30 minutes more to sort everything out.