Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Just Another Day

Just Another Day: Just Another Discussion Thread

<< < (4/43) > >>

Axem:
Glad you loved it. :)

It's unlikely I'll update the original trilogy aside from bug fixes. Original trilogy JAD is about going nuts with mostly retail assets (Shivans on a Plane is the only exception). New trilogy JAD is about going nuts with every element possible!

Also its not really a new Volition Bravos. The pirate ship is from Kingdom Hearts 2 (which someone else on the internet had ripped), so its not really an "original model".

praseodym:
Hi friends,

I can not start the game with the following engines on Ubuntu 14.04 64bit:
3.7.1 64bit self-compiled
3.7.1_20140903_r11062
3.7.2_RC4
I can start it with 3.7.2_RC4-debug, but it crashes. Log attached.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]

Axem:

--- Code: ---ASSERTION: "vm_vec_mag(plane_normal) > 0.999f && vm_vec_mag(plane_normal) < 1.001f" at vecmat.cpp:106
--- End code ---

This looks like the problem... but it's vague enough that I have no idea what's causing it...

Could you try deleting these two files?

--- Code: ---Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/JAD2-2/1_jad2-21-ova1.vp' with a checksum of 0x1f0528c9
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/JAD2-2/jad2-21-core.vp' with a checksum of 0xa0c53cca
--- End code ---

They're leftovers from the old installation, and while they're probably not the cause, but they might cause conflicts later... :( It still might be worth a try.

niffiwan:
Maybe also remove this command line flag:

--- Code: ---  -mipmap

--- End code ---

Also, I've got the new JAD running on Mint17 which is practically ubuntu 14.04.  I do have a newer video card though (GTS 450) which supports OGL 4.4.0.

praseodym:
Hi,

removing "mipmap" didnt work, but renaming those files to "*.bak". 3.7.1 self compiled.

Thanks for your help

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version