Author Topic: A WoD dev blog  (Read 422650 times)

He'll probably also throw in a teenage MCWS pilot who learned how to pilot after a quick read through the manual. :p
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

I would prefer not seeing the characters' personalities altered... but greater detail and development is always welcome, and one thing I'm majorly looking forward to.

If Misuzu was changed to be serious... that would just be depressing. :(
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Dawn = Rei. Calling it now!
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
And she's the key to surviving Second Incursion. Dawn is also devoid of emotion (at first.)

So, does that make Justice Shinji?

Spoon also needs to add the necessary love triangle for this to be an authentic anime space opera. :D

Milkshake/Tempest/Scar triangle anyone? :drevil:
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Milkshake/Tempest/Scar triangle anyone? :drevil:

:wtf:

* AndrewofDoom cannot see this happening.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline qwadtep

What if Dawn is actually dead? They didn't make it through the starlance. Everything that happens past the first mission is Dawn dreaming in her last moments floating through subspace.

Just think about it. Wings of Dawn? The Guardian Angel? It makes perfect sense!

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
I would personally prefer more political intrigue and backstabbing. And cultural imperialism.

Some fanatical devotion to the state wouldn't hurt either.

Most important, though, is to emphasize how everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

Offline -Norbert-

Regarding the Evangelion parallels, no one in WoD is mentally ****ed up enough to be anywhere close to that.
Dawn might seem emotionless in her first mission, but that's during a military operation. I'd call that professional behaviour. Once she's out of the cockpit she does show emotions.

Rei isn't so much the key for saving anyone. She's more the key to killing everyone. For all we know Asuka and Shinji might be the only Humans left alive, with everyone else ending up as orange puddles on the floor.

Justice is very self-assured, adult and mentally stable... so pretty much the polar opposit of Shinji. The only thing they have in common is, that they are both male and good pilots.

Love triangels? Please no... I really hate those, unless it ends the "convenient" way with one of them dying and the survivors, after a period or mourning, living happily ever after. Actually I'd prefer the romance to be completely left out. Light flirting is fine I guess, but please no wanna-be deep and meaningfull romace in WoD.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Legate: So... you want an Ancient France in space anime game?

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Legate: So... you want an Ancient France in space anime game?

more likely Cardassians
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Or maybe just some new characters of another species. Like a Cordi pilot.

Offline Lorric

Or maybe just some new characters of another species. Like a Cordi pilot.

I don't know if Spoon could do it, but just as they lifted Kilrathi headanis direct from Wing Commander Games for Wing Commander Saga, if Spoon could somehow lay his hands on the headanis of the Nephilim from Wing Commander Prophecy that would be great. They fit the preying mantis description. Maybe even take some of the voice work...

EDIT: On second thoughts, no. The Cordi are hard enough to hit as it is without having to deal with a Cordi ace...  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 02:04:20 pm by Lorric »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Cordi Ace would most likely be like Nephilim aces though. A completely "out of character" ship for the species. Cordi are only dangerous in large numbers, a single, slightly better ship would make little difference.

Offline Lorric

Cordi Ace would most likely be like Nephilim aces though. A completely "out of character" ship for the species. Cordi are only dangerous in large numbers, a single, slightly better ship would make little difference.

If the Zy ace was anything to go by, it wouldn't be anything like "slightly" better...

Or it would be a normal Cordi Soldier, but the equivalent of pad reading you like Mortal Kombat 2 on the top difficulty and loaded out with some powerful weaponry...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:51:32 pm by Lorric »

Cyrvan ace pilot with foresight abilities.  Worse than Psycho Mantis?  Most certainly since you can't swap controller ports.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Cyrvan ace pilot with foresight abilities.  Worse than Psycho Mantis?  Most certainly since you can't swap controller ports.
You can't really simulate that though, other than setting target position prediction to a ridiculous value, the AI is pretty bad at anticipating player's actions. He/she would be like any other Cyrvan ace, and also like any other AI. Very challenging, most likely, considering the Cyrvans' technological superiority, but by no means undefeatable with the right approach.

Offline Lorric

You can't really simulate that though, other than setting target position prediction to a ridiculous value, the AI is pretty bad at anticipating player's actions. He/she would be like any other Cyrvan ace, and also like any other AI. Very challenging, most likely, considering the Cyrvans' technological superiority, but by no means undefeatable with the right approach.

Perhaps you could have hull regeneration triggers. The damage you inflicted never happened beause what you just did the Cyrvan saw coming. The triggers run out after a few times after the Cyrvan's powers have been exhausted.

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
I meant a Cordi pilot as an ally

Spoon, can I be honest? Isa as a player character sounded bloody awesome. Sad that wings of dawn 2 is cancled, would she still be playable? Or crystal?
or is Misuzu still MC?

or Dawn?
Actually Dawn might be fun. She legally gets to troll other pilots.