Author Topic: No Fullscreen  (Read 1910 times)

I just downloaded the game from PlayDeb, but I can't seem to get the fullscreen to work:

1. I checked the advanced tab/troubleshoot (window mode unchecked).
2. Removed -window from home/.fs2_open/data/cmdline_fso.cfg and saved it.
3. Adjusted the resolution to my native monitor resolution (1920x1080).

Is there a log of some sort I can copy & paste here to try and figure out the problem?

Video Card: Nvidia 560GTX TI

By the way, please look for a better way to check for spam bots besides the annoying passing words (can be irritating to the eyes on high resolution displays). My first attempt to register failed because I thought I saw an extra o in the word (not even a 2nd chance to try again?).

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I'm not 100% familiar with the way that PlayDeb has packaged Diaspora, if there's a "debug" executable available you can run that.  It'll create a log at ~/.fs2_open/data/fs2_open.log which you can post/attach.

Also, check the Diaspora install folder, if <Diaspora install dir>/data/cmdline_fso.cfg exists, it may conflict with ~/.fs2_open/data/cmdline_fso.cfg.  Just deleting <Diaspora>/data/cmdline_fso.cfg may resolve the issue.  Otherwise, I'll have to install from PlayDeb to investigate further.

Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Thank You. Deleting the root/usr/share/games/diaspora/data/cmdline_fso.cfg file fixed it for me. Perhaps it would be a little helpful to mention in the FAQ somewhere that. "The folder in Ubuntu may be located in (root/usr/share/games). I would have never guessed it, had it not been for doing a complete folder search of the hard drive (I kept looking in usr/games/diaspora to no avail).

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Glad to hear that you got it fixed. 

Regarding the location of root/usr/share/games/diaspora/data/cmdline_fso.cfg, you should also pass that feedback to the PlayDeb maintainer.  Ideally that file wouldn't exist in that location in the first place.

It wouldn't hurt to have it mentioned in a FAQ here either, but I don't have the ability to do that.  (*nudge nudge, Diaspora moderators?* :))
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...