Author Topic: Different beam tags for different beam-free categories?  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Different beam tags for different beam-free categories?
One thing that I think could help FREDers would be the ability to have certain beam-free SEXPs based on a weapon tag.

For example, AAAfs would have a fighterbeam tag, BGreens would have a capbeam tag.

Then there would be two new SEXPs:
beamfree-fighter-all
beamfree-capital-all

So you can in a mission quickly turn on all fighter beams, turn them off, etc.

As a BWO example, I'm manually turning on and off every weapon when there's three sets of beam weapons on the Golgotha:
Anti-fighter
Capital ship (Secondary beams)
Meson Cannon

With a setup like this, I or someone else could beam lock or free the beams in each category without having to manually changing each and every beam.

It could also be extended to apply to other SEXPs. As opposed to beam-protect-ship you could have missile-protect-ship fighterbeam-protect-ship, etc. all based on the weapon tag.

Just an idea, since from what I've read here it doesn't seem like this has been implimented.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 04:24:51 pm by 72 »
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by RandomTiger
There is a feature freeze at the moment, all work is going into bug fixing. Post your idea again when we are out of the freeze.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
There should be a beam/turret configurizer.

Like you get a bunch of check-boxes popping up so you can enable beams and/or turrets based on multiple criteria and boolean expressions.

And have it so it out-puts in a format that retail-FS2 will accept.

Like you click:
  • Capital

Fighter
Bomber
All
  • ONLY ON SELECTED CLASSES

AND (All on selected, plus any of the following on any class)
All Beams
  • All Non-Beam Turrets
  • All Anti-Cap Beams

All Anti-Fighter Beams
[/list]
And don't have it so it throws up custom FSO code. Have it so it just scans all the ships you've put into the mission, checks the flags for them and their weapons and kicks out retail-FS2 sexps for whatever you've told it to allow.

And yes, Woolie, we know. But if it's not posted now, it'll be forgotten by the time the debugging is done.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2003, 12:20:33 pm by 397 »
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com