Author Topic: Free compiler for the FSSCP: The answer  (Read 22803 times)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Free compiler for the FSSCP: The answer
Ah thanks, even though xmouse still gives me an SDL.h not found it compiles

Thanks for your help.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

I can't download the core sdk because it says i need msxml3.0, but i have both 3.0 and 4.0.
Can someone help?

[Edit] Now I know why. I have to download the full sdk, but it is not on the MS-servers (404) :mad:.
Someone know where i can download them (not from MS)?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 03:28:17 pm by 2136 »
My Sytem

Wer das liest ist doof!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I don't think so.  You need to run some sort of online install program, similar to Windows Update, that only runs from the website.

Are you using Internet Explorer?

Originally posted by Microsoft
Error: “An earlier version of msxml3.dll has been detected on your system....” SDK Update requires Msxml3.dll SP2 or greater on your system. Unfortunately, Msxml3.dll SP2 is no longer available for download and SDK Update does not work with Msxml3 SP4, which is the version currently available for download. Until this issue is resolved, the work around is to use the full download option for SDK Update:

That is my problem, but the full download is not available.
And yes i use the latest IE6.

[Edit] Now i see the problem (stupid Microsoft) with the full download,
there were an "NA" in the links which should be "3790.0". :mad:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2004, 07:22:57 am by 2136 »
My Sytem

Wer das liest ist doof!

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Even better; MS has a beta of Visual C++ online. It's a compiler and a coding environment in one...  Not bad, it is.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

I have got it (VC++ 2005 Express Edition Beta) since it came out, but it doesn't work for me. I get 4 or 5 errors. :(
My Sytem

Wer das liest ist doof!

Offline Chronus

VS .Net is allows us to develop in both native and .Net bytecode. That's due to the fact that through C++, we can write unmanaged code and managed code (C++ extensions).

BTW, I'll introduce myself.

I'm (obviously) Chronus :) , I'm a software developer who doesn't (at the moment) have much free time to spend but will (soon) have a little bit of it.

I've been working with .Net, mostly VB . Net, C#, C++ and, outside of the MS pantheon, I have done a few apps with Java 2.

I've played Freespace 2, twice, enjoyed it, and would like to know some links (for the SC, tools, patches already done, etc).

Chronus

My Sytem

Wer das liest ist doof!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Hey, welcome Chronus. :)

:welcome:

Standard welcome speech:
[wiki]Chronus[/wiki]
[scp]Chronus[/scp]

You can also check out http://fs2source.warpcore.org for a summary and link dump.  When you get some free time, we'd love to have you on board. :)

Offline Chronus

Originally posted by Overlord
Hi,

look in the WiKi (http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/fsdoc/),
the SCP Source is here: http://www.3dactionplanet.com/hlp/hosted/scp/dev/gettingstarted.shtml

Thanks, Overlord!

Will look into it ASAP.

Chronus

Offline Chronus

Originally posted by Goober5000
Hey, welcome Chronus. :)

:welcome:

Standard welcome speech:
[wiki]Chronus[/wiki]
[scp]Chronus[/scp]

You can also check out http://fs2source.warpcore.org for a summary and link dump.  When you get some free time, we'd love to have you on board. :)

:)

Goober5000 , thanks for the welcoming!

I'll take a look at the link you provided above. Guaranteed, as soon as I have some spare time, I'll drop a post  here or PM you guys..

Thanks once again! :)

Chronus

Offline Inquisitor

Anyone have the cpp files that WM created? Or did those get committed to CVS?
No signature.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
They're in CVS, I think.

Offline Inquisitor

Ok, I'll check. Duckman had a copy just in case, i will assume they are ifdef'd in the code for now, and if not, I can try to do that later :)
No signature.

Offline Fry_Day

D'oh, someone posted about 2005 express before me. Oh well, I guess my first point of order will be getting the scp to work with 2005, once the blasted platform SDK finishes downloading (hence, at least tomorrow), and I config my system properly.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
bump

Should update the links to the code, since you've moved hosts.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
With the Linux merge complete the code in CVS is Visual C++ 2005 Express friendly now.  I'll commit the finished project files to CVS tonight.  They are going to be under a new directory though: projects/MSVC2005.  The project files were modified to work from there so don't move them unless you want to do a lot of editing.

Besides the project files you will need the OGG Vorbis SDK (don't have to URL handy) and the libjpeg SDK which you can get here: http://icculus.org/~taylor/misc/libjpeg-sdk.zip

*Bump*

It would appear that the first link, the one to http://fs2source.warpcore.org/temp/code  is now out of date and broken.  Any chance of an update on where the files that were there moved to?:)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
It's no longer needed.

I compiled 3.6.7 using the VC++ 2005 Toolkit compiler straight from CVS (Well, I had to move one 'i' variable) so you shouldn't need special files anymore.
-C

Gotcha, thanks :)