Author Topic: glow points  (Read 14960 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
when I get a version of PCS with an editor I am going to make quite a few additions to this, Kaz put the source up on a CVS somewere, but I still don't have half a clue on how to use CVS, and from what I've seen I might have a bit more of a diucult time makeing changes to it, don't supose one of you guys would like to take a crack at this, I would also like some discusion on what should be added to this, so when a new version of the data type is made it will have all the data we will need for all future versions of the code
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline penguin

• Eudyptes codus
  • Still alive.
Originally posted by Bobboau
when I get a version of PCS with an editor I am going to make quite a few additions to this, Kaz put the source up on a CVS somewere, but I still don't have half a clue on how to use CVS, and from what I've seen I might have a bit more of a diucult time makeing changes to it, don't supose one of you guys would like to take a crack at this, I would also like some discusion on what should be added to this, so when a new version of the data type is made it will have all the data we will need for all future versions of the code
Kazan's stuff is in CVS at SourceForge.  I could take look at adding the GLOW tags, I am assuming they are identical in behavior to FUEL tags, so it should just be some cut & paste...  If I have time and can get it to work, I'll petition Kazan for CVS commit access to his project (I have a SF membership already), or I'll send him patches.

BTW what happens if you run a GLOW-enabled model on plain vanilla FS2.exe?  Does it silently ignore unknown tags?

*checks source*

Yeah, it bleats out a warning via mprintf (which is a no-op in release builds) but ignores the "chunk"
your source code slave

Offline Inquisitor

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce the power of collaborative programming with CVS. Bobboau conceived it, WM implemented it, penguin made a bugfix to it.
No signature.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
and Inquisitor p1mped it ;7
SCREW CANON!

Offline EdrickV

• Valued
    • http://members.aol.com/HunterComputers
And I found that one small bug when  I tried to compile it. :)

(FYI, it still compiles under PS2Linux, but under gdb I'm getting an undefined symbol problem when it's loading shared libraries.)
Ground - "Let me help you out, you're clear to taxi any way you can, to any runway you see."

Mesh Gallery/Downloads:
http://members.aol.com/ArisKalzar/Gallery.html
Turreting 101:
http://members.aol.com/EdrickV/FS2/Turreting.html

http://members.aol.com/HunterComputers

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Hey guys: use glow points SPARINGLY. That Medusa looks like a freakin' Christmas tree.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline TheCelestialOne

• Man of Exceptional Taste
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
Hey guys: use glow points SPARINGLY. That Medusa looks like a freakin' Christmas tree.

Yep. It has now been permanent TAGged :p
"I also like to stomp my enemies, incite rebellions, start the occasional war, and spend lazy hours preening my battle aura."

~Supporter of the The Babylon Project~

Like Babylon 5? Like Star Trek? Like science fiction? Go HERE

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
Agreed, and some of those glows are f-ing huge, use smaller ones or this will grow old rather fast.  I would say that the glow on the bottom fin of the Herc is a bit too large too.

Offline Redfang

Yeah, those are indeed too big and not used well. But I think that those are just tests... glow points would be really nice if used correctly. :)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
well becase I have vertualy no way to see what I'm doing, and it takes about twenty minutes to convert it as this is set now (hex editing) I'm gona wait untill we have better editing of this before fixing that, I was just makeing a few tests, if you're gona make the new data editor I would also like
int on_time
int off_time
int time_disp
for each bank
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together