Author Topic: Ship and Wing departure orders to fighterbays  (Read 1805 times)

Ship and Wing departure orders to fighterbays
There is this bug http://scp.indiegames.us/mantis/view.php?id=2097 I want to fix. Now I'm not sure what behaviour ships and wings with their departure location set to the fighterbay should have when they get any type of departure order (comm menu, sexp, departure cue in ship editor).

How do you (want to) use these orders and what do you think would be a good behaviour?

Normally I should use retail behaviour but since retail is completely contradictory and bugged in that respect there is no right and wrong. Any patch will likely break some missions and will therefore be tied to a mod.tbl setting which also enables me to code in whatever behaviour you think would be fine.
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Ship and Wing departure orders to fighterbays
I thought MjnMixael was going to tell you this, but I intend to take a look at the code in question, including your patch.  There are a number of specific behaviors and I still think it's possible to fix it in a way that keeps them all consistent.

Offline Slasher

Having an option for ships to leave via a fighter bay when ordered to depart would be of great help in TBP, where fighters, and generally any ship smaller than a cruiser, aren't supposed to have jump engines.  Might be able to finally cut down on all those empty red circles in my HUD's wingmate readout. :D

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Are you aware of the no-subspace-drive ship flag?

Offline Slasher

I am now. Thanks, this seems to do exactly what I want. Will ai-warp-out calls on ships flagged like this also cause them to use a fighter bay if specified?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It should.