Author Topic: busted VS fs2_open  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Inquisitor

Just realized the fs2_open build does not include a VS file, and mine workspace needs some files added.

I don;t have time to hunt em down right this second, so, patience if you grabbed the fs2_open module and want to build it in VC++ :)

Penguin: when you get online, drop into IRC or AIM and tag me :)
No signature.

I'm already working on it, should be done soon. There will be source changes probably to iron out some bugs.

[EDIT] It's done, but there are a few issues one is error generating in relation to a missing header file that isn't in any of the CVS files. I would have commented it out, but I'll leave that for the people with better code understanding at this point.

A few macro redefinition warnings came up - I sense this is Linux related to the code here. Threw in a readme file about all this.

Now I'm waiting on you Inquisitor to organize CVS write access.

[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: July 15, 2002, 01:01:56 am by 383 »

Offline Inquisitor

Got your message, and yeah, I know about the headers, that's why I need penguin-baby :)

Unknown: Email me a user name and password for CVS write access, si vous plait ;)
No signature.

Offline penguin

• Eudyptes codus
  • Still alive.
Inquisitor: I'm on AIM and #fs2source IRC; get me while you can :)
your source code slave

Offline Inquisitor

Till we sort this out, I am told the windows build will compile from the command line:

nmake /f fs2_open.w32.mak CFG=Debug
No signature.

Just finished a VC++ project file that will compile into code.lib

It won't (as far as I have tried) currently compile into freespace2.exe though I suspect that I would need to further mess around with the freespace project files (I only did a light attempt).

It currently compiles with a few linker warnings (inclusion problems I suspect). I'm going to upload it to be played around with soon, but it needs some tweaks. All changes to the source by me are clearly marked.

Offline Inquisitor

DOH

I uploaded what appears to be a working dsw/dsp combo.

UP is still getting set up, but if people want to try that, go for it :)
No signature.

I'll DL the one you uploaded and see how it goes. I don't like the way mine currently is and have been considering re-doing it.

Offline penguin

• Eudyptes codus
  • Still alive.
Made some mods to the .dsp Inquisitor checked in -- the debug/release tags were incorrect ("Debug" would make the release build).  It is not tested (don't have access to MSVC IDE here), but "it should work," as they say...

I also removed the (broken) references to "fs2_open.dep" from the main makefile (fs2_open.w32.mak).

This is obviously a WIP, when we get a little more stable there will be a "real" project file... what we have now should work, so I am anxious to hear any feedback.
your source code slave

Well, that's what I was working on but the results in the end were ugly (making a real project file) so I'm revising what I've done so far.