Author Topic: Ships.tbl Headaches - Add-On Request  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Ships.tbl Headaches - Add-On Request
I believe when I post here I post for every campaign/MOD maker here at HLP.  The ships.tbl and other tables cannot be properly integrated into a conventional VP file for distribution and must be distributed separately.  What I'm requesting is that maybe one of you C++ wizards can pump out a source-MOD that tells Freespace 2 which table to recognize.  For example, you can add a flag into a table file like such:

Code: [Select]
$tableversion                 1.0

and tell Freespace 2 that for the tag "$tableversion" at the beginning of a ".tbl" file, the number following it is the code.  Tell Freespace 2 to load the table in the tables directory or in a VP with the largest integer.  If in cases where there is no "$tableversion" flag or of such, tell Freespace 2 that that table will be that last one that it will consider to load as the corresponding table.  (In English:  The Freespace 2 ships.tbl file doesn't have this flag so it will load the ships.tbl with the flag and the biggest integer following it.  If there are no ships.tbl with the flag, then load the original Freespace 2 ships.tbl)

I thought that this would be a nice thing to do for campaign makers/MODders.

- Rampage

Offline RandomTiger

I have my plate full at the moment but get in touch with me at a later date if no other programmers come forward to help.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
this would make updates for larger mods alot easyer, but anything ive ever put up for download has been under 2 MB, so for me it makes sense just to put all the files in a new vp file and overwrite the old one.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline RandomTiger

What do you use to make the vp file?

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Originally posted by RandomTiger
What do you use to make the vp file?

Kazan's VP Construction Program

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I believe when I post here I post for every campaign/MOD maker here at HLP. The ships.tbl and other tables cannot be properly integrated into a conventional VP file for distribution and must be distributed separately.

Why not? This was actually done with the FS1port :nod:
-C

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
I'd like to point out that despie its many flaws (the mission was made up in like, 10 minutes) my demo release for Maelstrom used ships.tbl inside a VP and I used Kazan's thingy, and as far as I know it worked for everyone who tried it.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline RandomTiger

Originally posted by vyper
I used Kazan's thingy, and as far as I know it worked for everyone who tried it.

he, he, he!

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by RandomTiger

he, he, he!

:wtf:
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by vyper

:wtf:

I think he's got the wrong end of the stick when you said 'Kazan's thingy'.

:rolleyes: