Author Topic: particle based weapon effects  (Read 4746 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
particle based weapon effects
*digs out old picture*

Stingray
Clan Kirghiz
Clan Kirghiz 2
Clan Kirghiz 3
Too bad the POF data got deleted when I forgot it was there and reinstalled Freespace :(
(Models were made by the BTSW team.)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2002, 01:36:37 pm by 374 »
-C

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
you do know that freespace uninstaller doesnt uninstall mods by default. i too had to dump freespace, i backed up the data directory, but it was pointless because the uninstaller didnt touch it.

the idea for shotgun weapons is more for pirate and civilian ships. id think that the gtva would forbid civilians to have certain grades of weapons (kinda like how we can have hand guns, but not full automatics). civilians probibly use ammo consuming weapons or light energy weapons no guided missiles. also the gtva keeps shield tech a close seecret, so most non-military have weak shields or none at all. pirates will have better weapons than civilians bacause they can hijack military cargo ships to get stuff.

of course the shotgun weapons i was thinking of would not be as powerfull as the mw2 ac20, their effect on hull and shield would be weak. more for shooting down bombs.

now i must smak mr. venom with the laws of phisics textbook:
:::smack!:::
there that feels better.

in space there is zero pressure, but the exaust is under massive pressure. when that exaust hits space those atoms are gona fly everywhere to spread out. this also aplies to anything that can leak from a broken spaceship. most liquids boil under zero pressure conditions, which makes pressure and atoms that wanno go fly everywhere (remember the sceen in apollo 13 where they ejected the urine :D ). also an apollo spacecraft probibly goes many hundred times the speed a freespace ship does, meaning trails are gonna be scattered out and therefore longer. dont get me wrong, freespace ships are slow, they dont even break the sound barrier.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2002, 08:39:21 pm by 766 »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline tomcat

• Dark Lord of Truespace
Originally posted by venom2506

never played mechwarrior? :)

witch one Venom:)? Merc2, Merc2 Mercenaries, Mech 3, etc..:)

I don't like SHotguns....is like Huntin' "wabits":)
Truespace is the path of the Dark Side
-----------------------------------------------
Dark Truespace Master Tomcat

Offline Solatar

I think intercepter pilots should use shotguns, after all, I fyou can't hit something with a shotgun, your aim kind of sucks. it would be great for shooting down bombs.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Hades
I think intercepter pilots should use shotguns, after all, I fyou can't hit something with a shotgun, your aim kind of sucks. it would be great for shooting down bombs.

In FS2, I would call that a flak gun, and, Nuke, how do you dare smacking me? i don't allow you, you, you... her... "looks at postcount", yeah, that's it, you newbie :D (that's a pun, don't be shocked :p )
SCREW CANON!

Offline Fozzy

• Wokka wokka wokka!
  • Wanabe A Mighty Modder
    • Fozzy's Myspace
Originally posted by Kazan
don't waste it on the thrusters - they're barely visible - but particle smoke. A+

Wouldent thruster smoke be cool if your ship is damaged, that looks more realistic than juust the crackling electricity, also you could change the texturemaps of LOD1 to a version with weapon impacts. :nod:

I also like the sound of transfers on the hull of a ship where your weapon impacted
The Terran VolksWagen Project - Lol
"that was a little too close, we gota wait fifteen mins to change our shorts" = (snipes, FS2)
I can whoop your ass with my LOGITECH

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by Fozzy

Wouldent thruster smoke be cool if your ship is damaged, that looks more realistic than juust the crackling electricity, also you could change the texturemaps of LOD1 to a version with weapon impacts. :nod:

I also like the sound of transfers on the hull of a ship where your weapon impacted

U mean damage decals?
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Anaz

well...I would get into the differences between Btech autocannons, but then it would look like spamming...

but yes, particles would be cool. It would be kinda cool if you made a weapon that went really really fast, and had particles, it would be this big long particle line that would fade away, that would look soooo cool...
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
newbie my ass, i was there from the beginning, back when freespace had the name descent in front of it. i was a mighty fanboy of the legedary vbb, :ha:, so there!
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Grey Wolf

Yep, I remember that. Setekh had quite a few more posts though....
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
and how many of those were bull$h!t? all mine were genuine usefull and interesting posts.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Anaz

Originally posted by Nuke
and how many of those were bull$h!t? all mine were genuine usefull and interesting posts.

:lol: sorry, but that is hard to believe that all of them were genuine useful and interesting posts...
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
ok, i admit 100 or so of them were anti-tas propaganda.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
About the BattleTech things...is anyone making something like a BT mod?
I have tried to make a LRM20, but haven't got any sucsess with it.
But wouldn't it be cool to have an Naval LRM20 for the caps and see them firing that things at each other?
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Mmm...particle trails.  That'd make some missile trails very cool.  A very short and thick orange particle trail followed by a darker grey one.  Sweet!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by gevatter Lars
About the BattleTech things...is anyone making something like a BT mod?
I have tried to make a LRM20, but haven't got any sucsess with it.
But wouldn't it be cool to have an Naval LRM20 for the caps and see them firing that things at each other?

http://www.battletechmodproductions.com
Check the bottom of the first news post. :nod:
-C

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
The font on the MOD website is....big.  And blue :D
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."