Author Topic: DEBUG build fs2_open 3.2a available for testing  (Read 1316 times)

Offline penguin

• Eudyptes codus
  • Still alive.
DEBUG build fs2_open 3.2a available for testing
I have uploaded a DEBUG version of fs2_open 3.2 with some tweaks -- the main one being decreased table sizes (back to their retail levels) -- hence the "a" suffix.  This does not correspond to any CVS tag, that's why I'm using a "non-standard" release number.  All of the version information within the executable is still 3.2.

If you have had problems getting fs2_open release 3.2 to run on your machine (the most common symptom is crashing to desktop when entering a mission), please try this one and let us know how it works.  If you experience any problems, there is a debug log file (fs.log) in your \Games\Freesoace2 directory.  Maybe post the last 10 or so lines, as it's quite large.

It's available at the warpcore developers' site at http://fs2source.warpcore.org/releases/fs2_open_d-3.2a.ZIP
your source code slave

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
I seem to have figured out the source of the error. I had installed the Derelict campaign and its table files were messing with the game, the debug console reported a lot of missing entries on one of the table files. I did a fresh install of FS and both version 3.2 and 3.2a work fine with noticable slowdown in 3.2a which I can only guess is being caused by the debug reporting in the background.

Is there a remedy to this table problem? Surely it would make some campaigns unplayable if it is unfixable.

Offline Anaz

add something for the 'new' tables, i.e. at the beginning it would say FS_OPEN, and if it said FS_OPEN it would use the new table code, but if it didn't then it would use the old table code
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...