Author Topic: Shields  (Read 5590 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
-C

Offline elorran

• Big Daddy Tap
  • Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
Personally I think it a good idea, despite the trouble to give the ships a shield mesh.  This could come in useful for future missions and campaigns, but to stay true to the homeworld storyline the shields could always be turned off in the main campaign that is planned.

Besides, being totally true to homeworld is good, but one must bare in mind that the game isn't always balanced the same as the storyline.  Take for example the Turanic Raiders 'Lord' class carrier.  It is said to be only half the size of a Taidan Heavy Cruiser, and yet in the game it is roughly the same size.

Things shouldn't always be taken as face value.  Besides, like I have already said, the addition of shields or extra weaponary (not to much though) could be used in future projects/missions.

PS, to the Apoc project guys.  Story I've been gone so long, life has unfortunately been taking its tolls again but I'm back now.  Whats the present situe regarding sounds and music?
Thats no moon... hes dropped his pants!

Offline USS Alexander

• I 0wn TAP
    • http://www.ngproductions.nl
PS, to the Apoc project guys.  Story I've been gone so long, life has unfortunately been taking its tolls again but I'm back now.  Whats the present situe regarding sounds and music? [/B][/quote]

There all converted, only have to be set up for fs :)
icq 127261564
www.ngproductions.nl
Tapping I3****

Offline elorran

• Big Daddy Tap
Sorry bout the spelling there.  Was late and I was tired :/

What exactly do you mean by converted.  As in extracted from HW:C and that is all or extracted and set up to the compressed wave format that FS2 uses (Microsoft ADPCM)?

One point I will put forward is to have 2 separate sound packages.  One of high quality for the people with DSL, cable and other decent connections to download and another sound package that is low quality sounds for the other folks who are still running dial up modems (mostly 56k's).

Offline USS Alexander

• I 0wn TAP
    • http://www.ngproductions.nl
Yeah there all converted Cat+HW  to wav and are ready to set up for fs, i might try boosting up the qualaty, but that's for the cataclysm ones, seems like they are lower qualaty then the HW ones.
icq 127261564
www.ngproductions.nl
Tapping I3****

Offline elorran

• Big Daddy Tap
You noticed that too?

Not all but some of them do sound lower grade compared to HW.

I personally think the music in HW is better than cataclysm's.  It's more atmouspheric and suited to the game.  Cataclysms music is 'darker' but seems to bland.  Now what I mean?