Author Topic: Comm display  (Read 5719 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Will the comm display, ie the animation that shows the person who's currently sending a message, be changed to various Homeworld ship images?
-C

Offline Pera

• Tapper
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
Will the comm display, ie the animation that shows the person who's currently sending a message, be changed to various Homeworld ship images?

Yes it will. Actually most of the ANI:s for them are already done.
One is never alone with a rubberduck - Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy

The Apocalypse Project

Offline USS Alexander

• I 0wn TAP
    • http://www.ngproductions.nl
Yeb there only 3 or 4 left i have to do, and a few that have to be polisht, so there will be comm displays:), basicly whe are changing everything besides the engine
icq 127261564
www.ngproductions.nl
Tapping I3****

guud guud.

did i mention i whounlt mind beta testin ? ;7
Part time IX'er

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Nope... I guess I'll just have to beta test... Ah, well, it's a hard life. :p ;)
-C

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
And when beast sais something?

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
Same as in HW..
That screwed up image..

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
Originally posted by Thorn
Same as in HW..
That screwed up image..

Where was actually a couple messages the beast used. Obviously there was the whole organic claw thing, but there was also the infested carrier, infested lower-half of the KUUN-LAN, the infested sensors array ship... (KAAL-SHOT? dosnt sound right), and I thought the NAGGAROK had its own profile.

edit: which brings me to my question:
Are you going to include the last campaign mission? With the NAGGAROK, that moon thing, Repulse Emitters, and super-acolytes?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2002, 05:51:34 pm by 455 »
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

*is gonna get VERY disserpointed if they dont*
Part time IX'er

Offline Pera

• Tapper
Sure we are, but it's going to take a while, as you see we are probably going to make the original HW campaign first, and then Cataclysm.

The Apocalypse Project

Offline USS Alexander

• I 0wn TAP
Yeah it's gonna take a while, cause whe need more people to help us out, otherwise it could take a long time before it's finisht.
icq 127261564
www.ngproductions.nl
Tapping I3****

wish i could help.. :(
Part time IX'er

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
I could help unofficially with small drone projects, but I would never be accepted full time by you guys :(
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline USS Alexander

• I 0wn TAP
Originally posted by vadar_1
I could help unofficially with small drone projects, but I would never be accepted full time by you guys :(

Tell me what you can and mayby you wil :)
icq 127261564
www.ngproductions.nl
Tapping I3****

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
:):yes: Good to hear. ;)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline JC Denton

• Node For Me
Originally posted by vadar_1
the infested sensors array ship... (KAAL-SHOT? dosnt sound right)

That would be the Clee-San.  The Caal-Shto was the Hiigaran carrier that got infected. (just finished playing cataclysm recently, so it's all fresh in my mind)

Are you going to include the last campaign mission? With the NAGGAROK, that moon thing, Repulse Emitters, and super-acolytes?

Exactly how are you going to implement the repulse emitter effect anyways?  Invisible models that have a massive blast force/radius but do no actual damage?

And as for the Super Acolytes, I'm thinking you'll have to pull a trick the TBP people did with the Minbari Nial to get the "beams" on the fighters.

Another thing: how are you going to do the Ramming Frigate's attack?  As far as I know, the AI doesn't ram anything unless the ship's set as a kamikaze.  I have a crude idea, but it'd be hard to implement since it'd involve numerous docking points hidden all across each ship's hull, and that'd make the modeler's life absolute hell.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2002, 05:07:25 pm by 480 »
"I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."  - Gene Roddenberry

"Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few." - George Bernard Shaw

Offline HeX

• http://www.warpstorm.com
Originally posted by JC Denton

Another thing: how are you going to do the Ramming Frigate's attack?  As far as I know, the AI doesn't ram anything unless the ship's set as a kamikaze.  I have a crude idea, but it'd be hard to implement since it'd involve numerous docking points hidden all across each ship's hull, and that'd make the modeler's life absolute hell.

Well they did it in Freespace 2 when that Orion slammed into the Colossus after refusing to surrender. Commander said he would ensure the destruction of "that monstrosity" and then full tilted into the Colossus. Must be some way of doing it...even if it involves heavy scripting and only have the rammers in a few missions.
Warpstorm
Alot's changed, but alot's still the same. Come on by and talk about anything!

Offline Pera

• Tapper
Originally posted by JC Denton

Exactly how are you going to implement the repulse emitter effect anyways?  Invisible models that have a massive blast force/radius but do no actual damage?

Yep, that could work. though if I remember correctly, they did damage fighters. Our shockwave looks pretty much the same as the repulsor field anyway.

And as for the Super Acolytes, I'm thinking you'll have to pull a trick the TBP people did with the Minbari Nial to get the "beams" on the fighters.[/B]

That sorta depends if we decide to make the player fly the super acolyte. Don't you think it would be a bit strange if the player changed his ship in the middle of a fight? Anyway, the TBP:s way of making "beams" is ok, and if we don't make it player flyable, then we can put real beams on it, which looks even better.

Another thing: how are you going to do the Ramming Frigate's attack?  As far as I know, the AI doesn't ram anything unless the ship's set as a kamikaze.  I have a crude idea, but it'd be hard to implement since it'd involve numerous docking points hidden all across each ship's hull, and that'd make the modeler's life absolute hell. [/B]

Heavy scripting is all I can think of, because FS2 doesn't detect collisions between capships(unless they're set to kamikaze of course)

The Apocalypse Project

how about Corvette Turrets ?
Part time IX'er

Offline Pera

• Tapper
Originally posted by ARC_Shrike
how about Corvette Turrets ?

What about corvette turrets?

The Apocalypse Project