Author Topic: missiles guns and maps question  (Read 1297 times)

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
missiles guns and maps question
I am revising all of my external weapon models and was wondering is it more efficient to map all missile and gun models to one 2048 texture
or map them to several smaller textures? its seems like a good idea but now i am having second thoughts.
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: missiles guns and maps question
Yes, this seems like a good idea. Assuming you make every weapon map in 512x512, you'll be able to fit in 16 of them onto one texture. Seems efficient to me.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
You will save bitmap slots, but AFAIK rendering itself won't be more efficient, since submodels get their separate render pass anyway.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Well, it'll be more efficient than using 3-4 maps per weapon and no less efficient than using one map for each. It will also save bitmap slots. I'd say, go for it.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
It also makes the mod directory cleaner :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================