Author Topic: Universal Truth how do you even finish that?  (Read 3110 times)

Offline ShivanSpS

Universal Truth how do you even finish that?
OK, IM THE ONE WHO HAS BEEN DRIVEN INSANE HERE.

There is not even a hint, and the general lack of voice acting is making things complicated here since i cant keep up, at the end i run to the nodes to link up thats the best thing i can think up, but at this point ive petty much tried half of them and im just done, i dont want to do this anymore, it takes too long just to get there and once im there i have no idea of what is going on, i run to a node, i link up, then some images appear and i get what appears to be a intentional warning that i cant click continue half of the time so i must kill the process. The other half is just failed outcome.

Please for future reference just drop a usefull hint in recommendations because this is no fun at all. And please, if the warning is intended, it sure looks so, while is appreciated, just DONT DO THAT, sometimes W10 causes some wierd thing where you cant click the buttons on FSO errors, it minimizes it wharever you click.

Re: Universal Truth how do you even finish that?
Well it's the second last mission so you can extract the final one, rename it, and play/watch it. IIRC everything in that mission is summed up there. That's how I did it.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Wut

This mission shouldn't be hard. By 'at the end' do you mean where there's a large cluster of jump nodes? While Vishnans chase you and creepy music plays?

Just go to the node labeled Ken, right at the center of the formation, and fly into it.

Offline ShivanSpS

Its not "hard" just i have no idea of what is going on, im missing half of the stuff because Ken -and the shivan comm nodes- has no simulated voice and the text dissapear too quickly.

I watched a video, yes i need to go to Ken, how im have to know i have to go there when all those nodes are named after characters? ken says "find a way out" he could at least say "find a way to me", there is no hint AT ALL, not even in the recomendations after failing once, it already takes 20 minutes just to get to this part, there is no checkpoint. Hell i only went to the nodes only because that was the way to get out of dreamscape. I dont want a directive that says "go to ken node" but come on, i did figure out correctly i had to go to the nodes, and probably everyone can, i dont understand why it should be clear that i had to go to Ken in this part.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 01:05:22 am by ShivanSpS »

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
If you're missing the messages, press your f4 key and go to messages. Then you can sit and read to your heart's content.

Also:

Ken says "Find a way to me"

There is a node that is labeled "Ken"

You want to find a way to Ken, and there is a node with his name. Maybe go to it?

If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline ShivanSpS

No, ken says "find a way out". No "a way to me". That dialogue is wrong to me.

1) Ken says that I should go now and that he had prepared the way. -> All those nodes apeared (At first i did miss that detail, i was unable to read the whole thing as well, but the node thing is obius).

2) Ken says i have to find the way out before they drive me mad -> sure as hell mission accomplished here.

All this at about 20-22 minutes mark. Really bad for guessing at this point, when all those nodes are named after characters.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Let it go, and did you enjoy the ending?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline ShivanSpS

Let it go, and did you enjoy the ending?

Yes, actually the mission is fine after i know where i had to go, too bad that ken ist voiced that would have helped a lot, still i belive that ken says the wrong line there is not s single hint that the Ken node is the correct one, and "find a way to me" is also what is happening there.

Saddly i cant recommend WiH 2 to anyone, WiH 1 is great, actually the best campagin i ever played, im getting some friends intro FS2 and i recommendeded them to play it.

But WiH 2 does not feels like Freespace, it gets way too wierd, even for me and thats saying a lot and this thing of mission->dreamscape->training->missions breaks the pacing way too much

Still, the intention is great, i was telling myselft on every mission "how they did this?" specially on that "tower defense".

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
I can't precisely remember the dialogue there, but there are some things that should definitely be a really clear hint for you as to where to go: one is that red is bad, and the only node not becoming red (or being the last one to become red and at that point there's a warp window open there). The second is that the node is named Ken and Ken did save you at least a couple times in that one mission alone. Hell, the node is in the center of all of them, this should be a hint too.

The F4 key suggestion is a very useful one not only in this mission. Every time when you can't afford to focus on the subtitles or can't read so fast just do what you gotta do at the moment and once in a while check out the message log in the F4 menu. Useful during combat and/or dialogue sections. Do note that some stuff is displayed as training messages (the blue-ish subtitles above the center of the screen), these will be visible in the menu, too.

It's possible that most of us remember the "Find a way to me" message instead of "Find a way out" because the former was present in a bit older version of WiH and got changed to the latter in the latest update. Other pieces of dialogue were also modified, the example would be "Shivans grant you survival" changed  to "Shivans grant you a form of survival", which gets really creepy :P.

Don't forget that in Tenebra you can just skip any Dreamscapes or training sequences (of course except Universal Truth 2) and get to the shooty shooty part right away. Tenebra shouldn't look like typical Freespace missions because it would get really, really boring. This act also takes care of a sizeable portion of worldbuilding and expands the plot of Blue Planet A LOT if you're reading the skippable parts. The training parts of Dreamscape are imo very useful - with how different and innovative BP's missions are, you just need to learn how to use what you've got before you plunge into the battle. This is why Blue Planet became so popular in the first place - innovativeness, worldbuilding, plot.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'm okay with 'go for the one in the middle'. You're on a mission to find Ken, it makes sense the Ken node is the right one.

Offline ShivanSpS

Those are very small details to focus on when you are under pressure with a lot of weird stuff happening all around.
If the line was changed recently, well thats the problem right there, for someone that plays this for the first time, thats no good.
And Ken should be voiced, this is very important for a mission that wants to tell a story, i understand Ken dosent have a simulated voice so Laporte and Ken dosent have the same simulated voice right? Microsoft female simulated voice gets the job done for laporte, maybe an alternative is to record ken lines using a non-standard male simulated voice?

For the rest, WiH 1 is just perfect, it embodies what makes Freespace 2 so great, even today, with both good fred design and good story telling.
WiH 2 in other hand is more of a "story telling campaign" than anything else that features a lot of great "proof of concept" missions. And for that, is good, BUT, this is what also makes it not to feel like Freespace at all and it require the dreams and the training that breaks the pacing soo much. The problem i think it is this is not mixed with more regular-like missions like in WiH1.

Offline ShivanSpS

BTW, this is just my opinion i do not meant to offend anyone. I liked WiH 1 a lot more than WiH 2.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
I seem to recall working it out on the first try, I think what was going on there vaguely complies with the clues you get to determine if information is corrupted or something.

Offline ShivanSpS

I'm okay with 'go for the one in the middle'. You're on a mission to find Ken, it makes sense the Ken node is the right one.

Im not sure what you mean with the "go for the one in the middle". I dont remember such a line in the dialogues.

The problem with that logic is that the mission was about finding Ken and get information about the Shivans, but that is done, the player had already found Ken and got the information about the Shivans at that point, why i would think i need to find Ken again when he is saying "find a way out"? Not only that, remember when someone is first playing this, is not going to be 100% sure that going to the nodes is the correct way out in the first place, hell the first time i was looking for that entry in the big shivan ship because that was what Ken did the first time when it created a "exit" at the begining.

Ken disappeared...so, try following him through "which" node?!

I was also confused playing it the first time.

Offline ShivanSpS

Ken disappeared...so, try following him through "which" node?!

I was also confused playing it the first time.

It makes sence after you know the solution, but the first time when you are unsure the nodes are the correct way out or just extra information (thus the link up), short on time, paying attention to the ships, checking the node names one by one when all of then are named after characters (at close it starts to get difficult), ken saying "find a way out", all this at the 20 minute mark.
The only hint being the nodes colors, hell i did not even realised that.

I mean, yeah it all makes sence now that i know the solution and i can think cleary.

No one wants hand holding here, i just dont think there is enoght information, and if the Ken line was changed after the original release to "find a way out" from "find a way to me" that could be the reason no one said anything until now.

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
It's more poetic though.