Author Topic: Music download  (Read 14602 times)

Great soundtrack, except I thought one of them was too upbeat for no reason in the middle of the mission with nothing happening, but that's probably unavoidable unless you sync all the songs with the action.

What are the rules for using these songs in our own creations? Are we allowed to do so if we give credit where it is due?
This is my only contribution to FSSCP

These mods are made from natural code that we pump in from retail. If you tried to run one, it would be like standing outside with nostalgia and pure awesome shining on your face. It would also set your computer on fire, so don't actually do it.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Sure. In fact, that goes for all BP assets, unless specifically noted otherwise.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
What are the rules for using these songs in our own creations? Are we allowed to do so if we give credit where it is due?

Doesn't that have to do more with giving credit to the original creators?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
That too. Most of the music wasn't actually adapted much for FreeSpace, just converting them too ogg, and normalizing them to fit the rest of the soundtrack.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
What's the name of brief09 (the one used on the first BP release)?

I wan't to listen to the hole song.
el hombre vicio...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Read the re-release credits. And since it's also the credits track, you can listen to it in its entirety there.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 07:54:49 pm by The E »

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Read the re-release credits. And since it's also the credits, track, you can listen to it in its entirety there.

Just what I was needing, thnks.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Excellent usage of Planet Killers by Paul Ruskay.

In fact, the whole soundtrack was awesome and fitting.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Hello. One question. Why Max's 'aim' track sounds slightly different from your 'aim' track, Darius? I've converted the original track to OGG and sounds just equal. There are some instruments and percussions that are missing in your track.
Working on the Freespace 2 spanish translation. In case you want to play the game in castillian, click here. You'll need some spanish there, though, sorry :p

If you want your mod/campaign translated to spanish, please PM me or send me an e-mail message.

I could translate from spanish to english too, if you want, but it wouldn't be perfect, not at all. For spanish->english translations comes better an english native with spanish knowledge.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Darius has remixed some of the music used in BP.

Gotta ask him about it, I guess.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
This reminds me that the version of the 2ND Reality used in BP sounds different than the original by Skaven.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Darius

Hello. One question. Why Max's 'aim' track sounds slightly different from your 'aim' track, Darius? I've converted the original track to OGG and sounds just equal. There are some instruments and percussions that are missing in your track.

BP version of "Aim" was from a link that Max posted in the BtRL forums a while back..it may well have been a WIP version.

Now I'm interested to hear your copy to see how it's different. I must've heard that song hundreds of times by now.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
If it is indeed different could you post the link to the other track?

Here

There is a slight difference from the beggining. And a very noticeable difference from the minute 1:45.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:03:00 pm by Alex Navarro »
Working on the Freespace 2 spanish translation. In case you want to play the game in castillian, click here. You'll need some spanish there, though, sorry :p

If you want your mod/campaign translated to spanish, please PM me or send me an e-mail message.

I could translate from spanish to english too, if you want, but it wouldn't be perfect, not at all. For spanish->english translations comes better an english native with spanish knowledge.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
It is quite different in different places.

Offline Darius

Awesome. Seems to be a bit of remastering, some different instrumentation and percussion added in.

I'll add it to my collection. Good to see this song getting some new life to it :D

Glad to help. Now you have a new one for BP: WiH  ;)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Pshh, I'm putting this in AoA too. :P

Offline Darius

Belisarius has kindly offered to host the AoA music files in a much less dodgy location than previously.