Author Topic: First Fleet Fantastical Fan Thread  (Read 12659 times)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Re: First Fleet Fantastical Fan Thread
...wut

The Feds are on their last legs and they know it. Morale is at an all-time low. They're bleeding frigates, cruisers and fighters left and right, they are counting weeks until logistical breakdown and what was supposed to be their greatest victory on a too short list was turned into a major defeat. The UEF knows the war is already lost, they just won't go down without fighting.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The effect seems somewhat blunted. They don't seem to be despairing a lot. :nervous:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
That's because the secret project is defrosting Chuck Norris.

EDIT--ARGHH, Conflict of loyalties, i love the GTVA, but first fleet is so coooooool.

Who do i root for D:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Who do i root for D:

You are asking your 'D' drive for advice ? :P (sorry, I couldn't resist)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
You are asking your 'D' drive for advice ? :P (sorry, I couldn't resist)

EDIT--ARGHH, Conflict of loyalties, i love the GTVA, but first fleet is so coooooool.

You could stick to the middle ground, like me.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Root for the Gefs.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Oh right, the Gefs. Forgot about them.

I'm not a great fan of the Gefs, but I admit that they do know how to use the Scimitar to great effect.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Aesaar

Support the GTVA.  We have waffles.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
The effect seems somewhat blunted. They don't seem to be despairing a lot. :nervous:

I don't think you and I have been playing the same campaign?

The Feds are definitely pretty desperate by the second act. The player is transferred at that point to the proto-Wargods who, though on the edge of losing their fighting spirit, have not quite lost it yet, yes; but re-read the debreifings of a few of the late Chrysalis missions.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
No, you should support the FS2 Shivans in killing everyone in BP:AoA and BP:WiH, including the stupid Vishnans and those Shivan wannabes.   :yes:

Offline qwadtep

As much as I support the UEF (Tevs suck, we all know that). Im not sure that the presence of the Solaris was the main reason the Tevs abandoned the blitz. They wanted everything intact, remember.
The Blitz wasn't an all-out attack to capture Earth.  It was just one hard strike to cripple UEF infrastructure.  It went according to plan.  They didn't abandon anything.
The intercepted comms from the Valerie and Laporte's mention of an attempted troop landing on Luna suggest otherwise. Steele was entirely prepared to go for the throat if the opportunity presented itself and was probably only prevented from doing so by Netreba's massive counterattack.

Whatever the case, though, I don't think the presence of First Fleet did anything to deter the Blitz.

Offline Drogoth

As much as I support the UEF (Tevs suck, we all know that). Im not sure that the presence of the Solaris was the main reason the Tevs abandoned the blitz. They wanted everything intact, remember.
The Blitz wasn't an all-out attack to capture Earth.  It was just one hard strike to cripple UEF infrastructure.  It went according to plan.  They didn't abandon anything.
The intercepted comms from the Valerie and Laporte's mention of an attempted troop landing on Luna suggest otherwise. Steele was entirely prepared to go for the throat if the opportunity presented itself and was probably only prevented from doing so by Netreba's massive counterattack.

Whatever the case, though, I don't think the presence of First Fleet did anything to deter the Blitz.

Just because Steele was PREPARED to go for the throat if the opportunity presented itself doesn't mean that was the objective. What if, during the invasion of Iraq, Osama bin laden had just walked out into the streets? The Americans woulda taken the opportunity to kill him, no question. But that doesn't mean that would have been the objective of the invasion.
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline -Norbert-

I think the blitz was possible, because the UEF didn't expect it, thinking that Steele would first secure the outer planets, then Mars and take Earth last. When he hit them at their home, they got caught with their pants down and had to throw in some hasty reactions, instead of a coherent battleplan, going at least partially according to the studied simulations.
Steele saw them unprepared and pounced at the weakspot.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Where Steele actually caught the UEF off guard was that the goel of the Blitz was to significantly damage the logistic infrastructure of the UEF. For the whole 18 months of the war, the GTVA had been trying to capture Sol with its whole infrastructure intact. Steele changed that objective, and that's what the UEF wasn't prepared for.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras