Author Topic: WIH Chronology  (Read 10231 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
... can we get back on track?

I have a serious question from something that was raised by a different point by Aesaar.

Namely, if it was, or not, possible to communicate with Earth by making a very big dish in Alpha Centauri pointed towards its system, after the Lucifer's battle?

If it is, how much of BP canon is threatened by this very idea?

And if it is, perhaps we should immediately abandon this thought, flag it with a "dangerous" sign, and ignore it henceforth? Whistle looking at the sky and something?

Not at all threatened. BP canon already talks about transmissions between Alpha Centauri and Earth. They even figure into the plot!

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Doesn't the front half of the lucifer blow the **** up in that last cutscene? I could have sworn it actually explodes instead of just drifting there.

EDIT: And yeah, communication with Alpha Centauri is totally mentioned in the tech room or somewhere. I think all it says is that the details are classified, but it's still acknowledged.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:34:48 am by redsniper »
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Luis Dias

Not at all threatened. BP canon already talks about transmissions between Alpha Centauri and Earth. They even figure into the plot!

Oh! Ok. That's pretty awesome. I'm not being antagonistical or anything, but I did read this in a well written piece of fiction:

The widespread assumption was that Earth’s lost brethren had achieved a degree of peace and enlightenment similar to that which pervaded Sol (barring certain elements of the Kuiper periphery and the military). The coexistence of Terran and Vasudan technological elements in the probes scanned by the Fedayeen was cited as evidence for this view.

This quote, some other fiction, and your assurance combined tells me that all these communications were either too superficial or lies. But color me curious. Where can I find that part you mention?

Then maybe you should replay STR right now instead of arguing based on faulty memories.

EDIT: if you really want a quote, lrn2wiki.
All that proves is that the GTI headquarters was in Beta Aquilae several months after the collapse of the Sol jump node. If the GTI headquarters were in Sol before the collapse, the elements of the GTI outside Sol afterwards would logically establish a new headquarters.

Offline CT27

I don't want to create a whole new thread for this topic (sorry for bumping this one).

Now that Act 3 of WIH has been released, it seems like things may wrap up soon with all the new forces coming in.  Chronologically speaking, how long do you think Acts 4+5 will cover?

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
I don't want to create a whole new thread for this topic (sorry for bumping this one).

Now that Act 3 of WIH has been released, it seems like things may wrap up soon with all the new forces coming in.  Chronologically speaking, how long do you think Acts 4+5 will cover?

I'm guessing about a fortnight, or a month tops.
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline CT27

I don't have the exact date in front of me, but it was estimated in Tenebra that the attack on Earth would begin in a week correct?

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
I don't have the exact date in front of me, but it was estimated in Tenebra that the attack on Earth would begin in a week correct?

Well, who's to say that the attack on Earth is the end of WiH...Also, BP has the habit of surprising us with unexpected happenings and events.  ;)
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun