Author Topic: WiH Act 3: Review, Thoughts, I cannot find words for this story...!SPOILERS!  (Read 9836 times)

Offline Aesaar

Re: WiH Act 3: Review, Thoughts, I cannot find words for this story...!SPOILERS!
The Morena can win against FS1 Orions because FS1 Orions have no decent weapons.  That you have to compare it to 50+ year old destroyers for it to come out on top reveals just how crappy it is.

Re: WiH Act 3: Review, Thoughts, I cannot find words for this story...!SPOILERS!
Morena was a pain in the ass. Finally I said screw it and went inside the asteroid and blew up the damn thing and then doing a 1-on-1 conflict with the ship which took awhile.

Or you could just do the shmup thing and shoot the core for massive damage.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Giant enemy warship. Flip her over by using real time positioning thrusters and attack it's weak point for massive damage.

*Look at the BP2 core tables*
Hmm, it's got a bunch of Karuna-grade massdrivers, which I assume are the forward facing ones, the rest are cruiser-grade.
The Ouster torpedoes actually deals a decent amount of damage, but have a terrible refire rate and can be shot down rather easily. Hell, a single launcher has actually a worst sustained dps than the SGreen (which itself is outstripped by most fighter-grade guns). Good thing it launches swarms of them.

Basically, it's kinda like replacing an Orion's TerSlash by SGreens, and its BGreens by TerSlashes. Hell that Orion-light could possibly win against the McDuff anyway.

Offline qwadtep

I don't think the MacDuff is meant to be a real danger anyway. It's just a floating hunk of Kostadin propaganda that was allowed to exist because the Elders want to keep the Gefs as a contingency.

Offline -Norbert-

Despite the extended sensor network of the UEF the Gefs have profen quite adapt at staying below the radar, so I think the Elders simply didn't want to commit their forces to a massive search and destroy mission just to get rid of something that can't be used by the enemy anyway.

It's a lot like why the GTVA can't just jump in their destroyers whereever they like. The moment you commit the ship, it's vulnerable to coutnerattack. Or in other words the moment McDuff would have attacked something with his destroyer, it would have been swarmed by UEF strikecraft and taken down, thus the best roles the Morena could serve were as propaganda tool (like qwadtep already said) and as deterrent against attacks on the main hub (most probably against other Gef factions, since the UEF could quite easily bring in a force capable of crushing that ship, even in their pre-war configurations).