Author Topic: PCS2 User to User Help  (Read 109491 times)

oK the november build works perfectly.
But i don t understand why all my turret gone mad with my last dae, i ve manage to import the new detail 0 but is there a way to attach them to the new detail-0  in pcs2?
$Formula: ( every-time
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)
+Name: Procratination
+Repeat Count: 99999999999
+Interval: 1

is there any way to attach lights to sub-objects here in PCS2 ? just like attaching firing points to turrets function.
PC Specs
=======
AMD FX 6300 6
Core  running @ 4.3 Ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
24 Gb DDR3 memory
750 Watts Thermaltake PSU
AMD R7 370  Graphics
Corsair Air 240
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I am Death Incarnate :mad2:
Sorry but.......You have a focus of a shotgun :P

It's called "Glow Points"; you can specify a parent subobject.

I wonder if anyone had met this before :
I got a model (very simple as i just want to make real time test for the mapping ) with only a detail-0 and nothing else (i vie done it previously without problem)
When i open the dae file in pcs2 i have no problem, no complain nothing at all .
I save it as a pof, load it with the f3 labs or in Fred and fs2 simply crash without warning.
I've reset the xform on it previously, and as i got nothing in this pof except a detail0, i find it annoying.
But there must be something I've done wrong as i have another problem with another ship :
In pcs2 i aligned the engine glow with the model's engine, no problem until i see it in game totally missaligned.... so until now i just missaligned in pcs2 to align it in game.... but that"s frustrating.
Any suggestion?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 10:37:51 am by Reprobator »
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)

Offline origin

I am trying to export a model from blender to PCS2 without much luck.  I have a dae file but I can't get anyting into PCS2, there is just a blank when I open it.  I suspect it is more of a blender problem because I down loaded a dae viewer and when I opened the dae file there were only parts of the ship in the file.

I have read the wiki regarding the blender to pof process but still no luck.  Is there something about parenting or linking of the model to get it to export properly? 

Any help tould be appreciated.

Reprobator: No idea. Last time I had the thruster misalignment, I recentered the whole model and reconverted it - somewhere during the process, it got fixed.

Origin: Take good care of your hierarchy (parenting) and the name of your objects. Make sure you use the correct DAE exporter settings (can be found in the Blender to POF page) and make sure you have the PCS2 DAE stuff correctly installed (do other DAEs open correctly?)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I've found that if you are using .cob or .dae it's best to move the centers of all objects to 0,0,0 before export and then move them back in PCS2.  Prevents all kind of issues like the thruster problem, bounding boxes for mirrored sub objects being reversed, bad collision data, etc. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Water

When i open the dae file in pcs2 i have no problem, no complain nothing at all .
I save it as a pof, load it with the f3 labs or in Fred and fs2 simply crash without warning.
The Errors with Debris cause CTD thread was possibly the same thing. Removing a -trans texture from the dae allowed FS to not crash.

well i had no debris and no trans texture too.
With the debug build i saw that fs2 crash when it generate the cache files for that model.
i had just two map (black and white) , no strl error from 3dsmax and one lod (detail-0) and nothing else, i'll upload the pof later in the day if anyone could take a look at it :)
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)

Well worst case scenario... use the binary search, divide the model in half (detach any small details (tube, guns..etc)) then try converting just the bases.  If that doesn't solve it, keep reattaching piece by piece until something goes bad.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

I have no subobject yet either!
Only the main hull detail-0 :nervous:
around 17 000 polies
@origin : did you move your textures to your fsrootdir\modidr\data\map ?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 01:25:13 am by Reprobator »
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)

Offline Water

well i had no debris and no trans texture too.
With the debug build i saw that fs2 crash when it generate the cache files for that model.
i had just two map (black and white) , no strl error from 3dsmax and one lod (detail-0) and nothing else, i'll upload the pof later in the day if anyone could take a look at it :)

The thing is, that the debris wasn't the problem, and the -trans texture was only noticeable in the dae. It didn't show up in pcs2 or cause any problems until the FS lab. So when you upload the pof also upload the dae as well.

Ok i'll do that as soon as i'll be back from my office.
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)

( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)

Offline origin

I've found that if you are using .cob or .dae it's best to move the centers of all objects to 0,0,0 before export and then move them back in PCS2.  Prevents all kind of issues like the thruster problem, bounding boxes for mirrored sub objects being reversed, bad collision data, etc. 

Well, I like blender but it is just not worth the headaches.  I only have a few more ships to make so I will just go back to Truspace 3.  It's not that bad and it sure is easy to go from cob to pof!  Besides I have a bunch of components already in truespace, like turrets, weapons and engines that are easy to past into new ships.

( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)

Well, a hosting site that asks my e-mail is kinda suspicious. Try uploading it to a "normal" hosting site like MediaFire or RapidShare.

Offline Water

Can someone take a look at my model ?
http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/65440/pofandsuch.7z

:confused:
I had a look at it and the mesh looks ok with the tools I use. But there is some sort of mesh problem.

Found that pcs2 treats cob differently from dae. Exporting a cob from Bender works for FS.

For the dae, ended up deleting one half and mirroring it. Still no go, so I deleted the engine tubes and it worked for FS. I just need to double check that the problem is in that area. Won't be able to do that until this evening.

Oh thanks you very much!
As i didn't knew what was the problem i was waiting because i don't want to make the same mistake again :)

edit :
sorry i didn't knew the hosting site did ask for email... i ll chose another one next time :)
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)

Offline Water

As i didn't knew what was the problem i was waiting because i don't want to make the same mistake again :)
Try making the engine nozzles a sub-object. If that doesn't convert then delete the isolated part shown, and then try again.

A possible reason for making the nozzles a separate object could be due to your "simple mesh" being a bit complex - the internal central flight corridor running the length of the ship.