Author Topic: PCS2 User to User Help  (Read 109500 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Ok, try this, load up the problem model in PCS2 then with the icons at the top of the screen select orthographic projection (one of the icons with the eye and a wire frame cube).  If this then "shows" the model we are looking at a scaling issue the exact fix fix depends on how it looks at this point.  Another thing you can do is maximise the PCS2 window and select header on the left.  then when you look at the right side of the screen towards the bottom there is a section called model detail, the numbers show the hight, width and length of the model in meters as it will be shown in FS2, PCS2 doesn't show models well if they are small when in projection view (the default)

1. If the model looks OK then go back into blender and look at how many squares the model is big. the Blender to POF Conversions tutorial does make an error for current blender versions, by default 1 blender unit is 1mm in PCS2.  if just scaling the model dosn't wotk then you will also need to do step 2

2. if parts or all of the model looks squashed, stretched or orientated wrong then the XYZ scale is borked, go back into blender and in turn select each offending object and go object->clear/apply -> apply scale/rotation (blender 2.49 shortcut ctrl+a 1)  if you get a error about multiple user mesh (or something like that) then you need to go object->make single user->object & ob data (blender 2.49 shortcut U 2)

then export and try again
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

1. If the model looks OK then go back into blender and look at how many squares the model is big. the Blender to POF Conversions tutorial does make an error for current blender versions, by default 1 blender unit is 1mm in PCS2.  if just scaling the model dosn't wotk then you will also need to do step 2
Wait, what? I'm on Blender 2.49b, and I can confirm that one Blender unit is one PCS2/FS meter.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
What are you getting for the poly count in PCS2 (under subobject info)?
You can rescale in PCS2 now.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Wait, what? I'm on Blender 2.49b, and I can confirm that one Blender unit is one PCS2/FS meter.

dont know what's happening there because mine is 1unit-1mm and I haven't changed the settings ????
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
maybe they got changed accidentaly. check that no scaling options are on in PCS2 (aka scaling factor should be 1.00 and check in blender at what your default unit is.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'm leaving on a trip for the week but I'll take another crack at the model when I get back!

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Sorry for the bump :)
But since, I'm toying with some ships pack, I have several questions.

Is there a way in PCS 2 to resize a pof model ?
I remember in PCS 1, I can resize the model, but in PCS 2, I didn't find any option to do this.

Also, where can I found a complete documentation of the whole features available in the current version of PCS 2.0 ?

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
There is now.

I remember in PCS 1, I can resize the model
I don't think so.

Also, where can I found a complete documentation of the whole features available in the current version of PCS 2.0 ?
It's waiting to be written here.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
There is now.

I remember in PCS 1, I can resize the model
I don't think so.

Hmmm, could you tell me, how to do it in PCS 2.0 ?
Oups, sorry, the resize features was only available for a COB to POF conversion in PCS 1.0.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Get a recent build of 2.1 and click the transform button or hold down alt and scroll.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Great ! Thanks a lot.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
You're welcome! If you have any comments or problems, post here.

Offline Sannit

Noob incoming.

Does anyone have any reason I'd continue receiving the "application configuration is incorrect" error with the Collada importer even after installing that vcredist_x86 thing?

To clarify my situation: I was originally getting a "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this program." whenever I tried to run PCS2, but apparently I didn't have the appropriate...uh...something related to C++ installed, and running vcredist_x86 fixed that problem, even though I'm still not sure what the problem was in the first place.  So hooray.

But then, of course, I discover that I cannot use my precious .dae.  I downloaded those files in Spicious's sig (thanks Spicious, I'm sure they'll be awesome when I get them to work), renamed the old exe and extracted them into the PCS2 folder, which is where I assume they're supposed to go.  However, when I click on the new pcs2.exe, I get the same error I got before.  The old, non-Collada one works just fine still, and I really can't figure out why it'd be okay and the new one not....anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Is this the one you installed?
Have you put the other dlls in your pcs2 directory?

Offline Sannit

Well, since I asked, it of course had to magically fix itself.  Thanks!

I created a model and basic uv map in blender, got into PCS2 fine and well, but in game it isn't visible, it is collidable, but you can't hit it with weapons. I did next to nothing in PCS2, no subsystems or anything, does it require them?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Check your mesh and which way your normals are facing.  Make sure the map is in a format usable by the engine (preferably .dds but .tga, .pcx, and even .jpg work) and in your mods data\maps folder.   
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

The normals appear to be fine, and I use a dds.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Check that the map name in the Textures section of PCS2 matches the name of the map in your data\maps folder (minus the .dds). If they match, then can you put the pof and dds in a zip and upload them here? I'll have a look to see what's up. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Wait, the texture has to be in the textures folder in PCS2 and data/maps?

Gosh darn it. That seems to have fixed the issue, thanks for the help.