Author Topic: Goriest PC Games Out There....  (Read 7774 times)

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
Re: Goriest PC Games Out There....
What's fun is playing SWJKJOII with realistic gore... it's nowhere near as bad as these are but its still pretty cool to lunge into a person, kill them, watch them die, and then watch the blood come out. You can dismember their dead bodies too! Just start slashing away and limbs are cut off, blood seeps out.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Oh, I just thought of another oldie but goodie: Die By The Sword.  I only got the chance to play a demo, but being able to selectively lop off baddies' limbs and/or head was bloodily delicious. :D

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
i can't believe nobody's mentioned "rise of the triad" you could literally make it rain blood, eyeballs, and whatnot.  ;)
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Halo and Halo 2

Hell naw.

Do you know how much blood comes outof a dead Elite when you bash it in Halo 1? :D
Well, it doesn't have aliens with "detachable limbs" so I agree with the Hell naw.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Maybe that'll be reality in Halo 3. :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

i remember there was this really cool FPS medieval game...u could use bows with unique arrows (grenade arrows, fire arrows, poison arrows), swords, hammers, shields, everything...and the graphics were really, REALLY gorgeous and realistic. The game was only single player....but damn was it good. You could shoot an orc in the leg and he'd limp after you. Shoot a grenade arrow at an orc in the chest and he'd explode in a shower of blood. Slash off heads, legs and arms. Smash off a head with a massive warhammer.....

I wish i could remember the name of the game  :sigh: :(

I think it came out in like '01 - '02.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 03:14:13 am by Vasudan Commander »

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
i remember there was this really cool FPS medieval game...u could use bows with unique arrows (grenade arrows, fire arrows, poison arrows), swords, hammers, shields, everything...and the graphics were really, REALLY gorgeous and realistic. The game was only single player....but damn was it good. You could shoot an orc in the leg and he'd limp after you. Shoot a grenade arrow at an orc in the chest and he'd explode in a shower of blood. Slash off heads, legs and arms. Smash off a head with a massive warhammer.....

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic?

It's still being developed but I think that the new Clive Barker's game, Jericho , is going be really gory and scary. Undead templars and ancient curses! :nod:

Maybe it's just me, but I always considered Redneck Rampage to be a quite "deviated" game. Not in the sense of "bloodness", but hey, going chicken hunting with a dynamite-boosted crossbow in good 'ol south (Arkansas) IS pretty weird :D
----------------------------------------------
GTD Swiss Pride - Orion Class
Swiss 1st Fleet, Sector 32 - Ore Belt - Sol
----------------------------------------------
"I'm an engineer!"

Eve: Since Beta Phase 2
Civilizazion Fan: Seems like forever...
SimCity Fan: SC 2000 is still the best
TT Fan: Since 1995
Switzerland: Since 1291

Offline aRaven

Hmm, maybe you mean Severance - Blade of Darkness??

That game rocked, but was too hard for me :(

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Anyone played Moonstone?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Apathy

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic?

It's still being developed but I think that the new Clive Barker's game, Jericho , is going be really gory and scary. Undead templars and ancient curses! :nod:

Nah Dark Messiah came out a few months ago. Its pretty gory.

Offline Centrixo

thief: dark project, thief 2: metal age, thief 3: deadly shadows?
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

thief: dark project, thief 2: metal age, thief 3: deadly shadows?

No orcs in thief, and I don't remember localized damage (besides knockout).  Besides killling wasn't the idea in those games.  It does sound fun though.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 08:59:17 pm by Scooby_Doo »
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Nah, it was more like a game where you could use bows like sniper rifles, and equip different kinds of arrows...grenade arrows, poison arrows, energy arrows, fire arrows. You could upgrade your armor, your weapons....serve a dark mistress, become an elfish good guy, or a dark shady assassin. You could pick male or female, and it was friggin wicked. 3rd person for melee weapons, 1st person for using bows , crossbows etc.

Manhunt was gory but not that great of a game. FEAR is scared ****less scary and it would take an oil tanker to hold all the gore in it. so....much....blood....

Offline TrenchardsLoveSock

• Remember, everybody starts as a noob
Kingpin was the first game to surprise me with the level of gore.  Using a shotgun to dismember a corpse was strangely satisfying.  It was also the first time I hear swearing on my PC and, despite having a foul mouth myself, I was geniuinely shocked.  It just didn't seem right at all.
Founder (and only member) of the "WMCoolmon Crusade For Better Noob Appeal" fan club.