Author Topic: Knossos and Freespace Open crashing on startup after restart  (Read 1038 times)

Knossos and Freespace Open crashing on startup after restart
Ive been trying to install freespace open and knossos for a couple days and i can get both installed fine and even play it, but when i restart my computer and then start up knossos and go to play freespace again it will just crash on launch every single time. No error code just immediately closes the application. Freespace 2 without freespace open will start but it wont in knossos. Cant start the game in the folder either, it will only let me try to launch the game on knossos, when i try from an executable from the folder it will say web cursor bitmap not found. When i try to debug it in knossos it told me "joystick couldnt open, get a coder!" or something along those lines. Can someone tell me whats happening and how to fix it because this is extremely frustrating. Also tried a long time ago with wxlauncher but could never get the joystick to work with wxlauncher.

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Re: Knossos and Freespace Open crashing on startup after restart
Can you take a screenshot of what your Knossos settings page looks like? The joystick needs to be set to "No Joystick" or set to a specific joystick, it cannot be left blank. Then click, Save. Also feel free to ask on discord here, too: https://discord.gg/jzdXGrT

For example:

Yes i did try that, tried with my joystick, tried with no joystick, still nothing. Tried unplugging and removing the joystick from my computer completely and even that changed nothing, still same error message. Here is a picture of that message, and at the time my joystick wasnt even plugged in and i had "no joystick" chosen as the option. And i did save the options before launching. Same thing happens if its plugged in and chosen as the option.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 01:17:26 pm by Rebehle420 »

Ok so the problem was a wireless controller dongle that was plugged into my computer, in case anyone else is running into a similar problem. Remove your dongles and controllers and try again. Thanks for the help from the people on the discord channel.