Author Topic: The One Moment That Just Killed My Interest in Doctor Who  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Lorric

The One Moment That Just Killed My Interest in Doctor Who
The mediocrity of the second last season made me not watch the last season, and then I heard pretty much nothing but bad things about it. But I just now decided to check out the Revolution of the Daleks special.

I thought it was pretty weak writing-wise again, but then, it happened.

The Doctor's personality does change after regenerations, but there are constants. One constant was a respect for life. Even Dalek life. Remember the Doctor that couldn't just send a bomb up to a Sontaren ship, that had to go up there and give them a choice, even though he knew what the outcome would be, they would all die anyway, with The Doctor? Remember the futile efforts to reason with the Daleks, despite full knowledge that it was futile? Remember the shame of the Doctor that told the dalek about wiping out the dalek race, after the anguish of the dalek's reply?

This Doctor? This one after luring the Daleks to a deathtrap calls up the Daleks to mock them for doing her dirty work, for falling into her trap, and gleefully informs them of their imminent deaths. Then happily kills them and goes on with her life. Oh, and also sacrificed a TARDIS to do so.

The Doctor is supposed to be a hero. A role model. That is the furthest thing in the World from a hero and a role model, from moral goodness.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:01:05 am by Lorric »

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Re: The One Moment That Just Killed My Interest in Doctor Who
That was the fourth Doctor. In both old and new who he's genocided the Daleks plenty of times often while mocking them.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
When Jenna Coleman left I lost interest...
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
The first doctor actually planned to murder a caveman in the very first story! The second doctor planned to wipe out the Daleks using the human factor and he didnt care about the humanised daleks getting killed.  The 4th doctor did go back to destroy the embryo daleks but was "helped" by a Dalek, The 6th doctor wiped out Verviods, actually murdered someone. The 7th doctor destroyed the entire Skaro system! wiped out and entire cyberfleet without any hesitation, in fact he planned it all. The 11th did it again with a Cyber Legion fleet.  These are to name but a few instances of the doctor being pretty bad. The Doctor has also goaded the daleks, cybermen and Sontarans plenty of times. So her behavior to the daleks in revolution is nothing new and has been done before in classic who.

I was actually glad when jenna left should of left the character dead instead of bringing her back. Bill and donna have been the best companions of new who.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-