Author Topic: The Return of the Double HUD  (Read 1296 times)

The Return of the Double HUD
So, after a long break from FS2, I decided to update everything and replay BP all over again.  AoA went fine, but playing WiH gives me the double HUD problem, where the BP and retail HUDs are superimposed on each other.

I already ran a search for threads on the topic, and tried to follow the solutions I found, but they don't seem to have worked, or the added/changed lines were already in my mv_root-hdg.tbm from bp2-core.vp.  Specifically, the line "$Required Aspect:  Wide Screen" is already in the HUD I'm using, and "$Load Retail Configuration" is still set to NO.  I should also mention that I'm running on triple monitors, so I modified my table to be consistent with that:  I just took the widescreen HUD and added 1440 to every x-coordinate (base res is 1440x900, now 4320x900).  Changing the $Max and $Min resolutions has no effect, not that I really expected it to.

I've attached my modified HUD table.  Is there any solution to this besides changing the resolution?  I'd rather not do that.

[attachment deleted by nobody]

Re: The Return of the Double HUD
The solutions probably don't work because they are for 4:3 users getting the widescreen hud instead of vice versa. Try completely removing the 4:3 hud info from the table file alltogether.

Re: The Return of the Double HUD
That did not resolve the issue, but I did fix it all the same.  Turned out that the HUD tables I had in my Media VPs folders weren't being suppressed.  Temporarily moving them to another folder has resolved the issue.