Site Management > Site Support / Feedback

Questions about Discord moderation

(1/15) > >>

Mobius:
I wonder if Discord moderation will be enforced somehow, because I've just learned of quite offensive statements and they passed almost unnoticed until someone brought them to the attention of whoever was following a particular channel.

(EDIT: for the record, this post, as well as most of the following posts in this thread, are the result of a split from What should HLP 2021 be?. I did not create a new thread from scratch just to address the issue reported below.)

Mongoose:
If something came up, then please bring it to the attention of a Discord mod.

Mobius:
Nightmare did it and one of the mods was "fine" with it, apparently.

Nightmare:

--- Quote from: Mongoose on October 31, 2020, 04:29:39 pm ---If something came up, then please bring it to the attention of a Discord mod.

--- End quote ---

Too bad the only Discord mod around at that time thinks that slurs are perfectly fine.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mobius:
That's so sad. Also, similar comments can be found by scrolling up in that channel, and they're not necessarily aimed at Lorric.

I see double standards here, because the very same comments - if posted on the forums - would result in serious backlash and drama. How come they're fine on Discord? Aren't HLP's boards and Discord channels part of the same, big family?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version