Author Topic: Release date?  (Read 5145 times)

Is this ever going to happen?  :banghead:

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
We're going for at least 3x the record established by Duke Nuke'm Forever.
Figured we'd set the bar high for the next group.

Seriously, we're very low on people now. 3 in fact. Doing what we can in what little side time we have.
I'm more focused on reorganizing everything so we have a proper system in place that tells us where we are.
A lot of record of that flittered away with certain people, so I'm going back through 10 years of notes and making
massive Google docs down to finite detail on every little asset.

In other news, DC supposedly has a multi patch in the works and widescreen resolution support for Tach properly functioning.
When he's going to release it, no idea.

I did move us off IRC as well, and Bruce Campbell is coming to my town in a couple of weeks for a convention.
Should look into seeing if I can abduct him and get him to do voice over lines.

"Finish It!!! Finish that paragraph and you can have a pancake!!!"

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 09:55:35 pm by JGZinv »
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

i can help you with fredding missions i can build for you what you need

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
We're going for at least 3x the record established by Duke Nuke'm Forever.
Figured we'd set the bar high for the next group.

Seriously, we're very low on people now. 3 in fact. Doing what we can in what little side time we have.
I'm more focused on reorganizing everything so we have a proper system in place that tells us where we are.
A lot of record of that flittered away with certain people, so I'm going back through 10 years of notes and making
massive Google docs down to finite detail on every little asset.

In other news, DC supposedly has a multi patch in the works and widescreen resolution support for Tach properly functioning.
When he's going to release it, no idea.

I did move us off IRC as well, and Bruce Campbell is coming to my town in a couple of weeks for a convention.
Should look into seeing if I can abduct him and get him to do voice over lines.

"Finish It!!! Finish that paragraph and you can have a pancake!!!"

I'm a little rusty but I can table if that helps
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline JGZinv

Thank you both gentlemen for stepping forward.

Let me get a couple things off my work plate here and I'll be back in touch with you on seeing what we can accomplish.

Wow, so my question popped up 2 guys out of the wood work!~ Gotta love that!   :lol: :yes:

AND THEN THE ROOM FELL SILENT.  :shaking: :confused: :banghead:

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
Silent, but not inactive. We recently moved to the most recent stable release of FSO however and have been working out some kinks as well as doing some more planning. We also switched from IRC to Discord recently, so you can come talk to us if you have any questions or just generally want to discuss what sort of plans we have. Almost everyone there is active daily and bits of work do get done occasionally.
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline JGZinv

You are not a stranger to modding Slippster.... you know mods are 99% perspiration 1% good ideas.
There are no new assets to show until we get some problems resolved.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Also keep in mind that we're a team of volunteers who do this sort of thing on their free time. If we don't have any free time or any motivation to do so (like somebody has had a bunch of family members die within a year) then it's not likely that we'll have much in the way of progress.

Thankfully things have calmed down a bit within the past month, so hopefully we'll get cranking out some neat stuff soonish. :)
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

:yes:  :nod: Sounds good guys, 1 question - in Tachyon we can stop on a dime, ( meaning stop instantly) and fly backwards at full afterburner
will your mod be able to accomplish these feats?  Because if i remember corectly, Freespace 2 didnt do those very well.

That said, however,  Freespace 2 was one of the most intense space games i ever played.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Both of those features can be tabled in on a ship by ship basis in the FS engine. You can already fly backwards with afterburner in mods like War in Heaven, and the deceleration speed has been set in ships.tbl since retail.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp