Author Topic: Turnsky's Lost Planet Review +1  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
Turnsky's Lost Planet Review +1
This is getting to be a habit with me.

okay, so i bought lost planet the other day, and only just now i've finished it..

Initial impressions? GOOD, very good, engine's flawless in how it looks, in my opinion it looks FAR better than Gears of war's "shaved monkey" styling.
Its control scheme is very easy to pick up, even with the different "Vital Suit" (VS's are the game's mechs) and it's gameplay is old-school "shoot everything that moves" kind of thing.."run and gun" might be closer to the truth, however.

Weapons? some are good, some are better, and the fact that when you're on the ground, you can pick up some VS weapons to use for yourself, or to mount on the nearest free VS you can find.. you can only hold two weapons and one set of grenades, so choose wisely..

The thermal energy system is really cool, it can be readily available, via the people or akrid you kill... except in boss battles, 'cuz if you draw it out, you will find out that you'll run out rather quickly. and when you run out, your health starts to go down, then you snuff it..
Boss battles are something rather "epic" the bosses are colossal, all have weak points that are easily illuminated, and good to hit.

hints: Keep your machine gun handy, you only have two weapons handy, and the energy weapons tend to chew up thermal energy like mad, the mac gun is also good at smiting smaller enemies from a distance.. you gotta push your right thumbstick in to reload, too.

all in all, great game, great to look at, and not painfully inacurrate in how it portrays its characters, if you can't afford to buy it, or to justify its cost, it's definitely worth a rental.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Re: Turnsky's Lost Planet Review +1
Can you tell anything about the story and its quality? I heard it wasnt that good.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
Re: Turnsky's Lost Planet Review +1
Can you tell anything about the story and its quality? I heard it wasnt that good.

it was a tad cliche'd, but then again, it was roughly on the same "quality" level as gears of war, or anything.. it does have a few reasonable points in its plot that give you a "ooooh" response, but that's more on the level of cinematics than story.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------