Author Topic: Inquiry regarding the status of Blackwater Operations  (Read 25917 times)

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
Inquiry regarding the status of Blackwater Operations
 :hopping:
how goes the project  :confused:  ;7
still slated for 2010 fall?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 11:13:15 pm by Genoism »
After much debate I decided quotes are a waste of time.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
......sort of......

We're sort of standing still now. Busy days of the year and all that.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
We're pretty close to being done with the initial runthrough despite taking a short haitus.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
it's safe to assume that these guys aren't doing Blackwater ops Halfassed, fullassed, would be more apt  :p
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
sounds cool, someone needs to pay u guys one day :p

Offline neoterran

yeah, it would be cool if it ever got done, same with Inferno SCP.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Well I don't know about anyone else but I've been waiting for this campaign since I started playing user campaigns.  But at the rate of progress BSG:Beyond the Red Line will be finished before BWO is. ;) How about an update on the BWO page though... last one was done in 2004.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
it's safe to assume that these guys aren't doing Blackwater ops Halfassed, fullassed, would be more apt  :p

Yes, we are all expecting substantial quantities of ass in BWO.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
All your expectations will come true.

Regarding the ass that is.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
it had better be the finest ass ever! :pimp:
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
it had better be the finest ass ever! :pimp:

big shiny ass, like a field full of polished brass sumo wrestlers!
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Well I don't know about anyone else but I've been waiting for this campaign since I started playing user campaigns.  But at the rate of progress BSG:Beyond the Red Line will be finished before BWO is. ;) How about an update on the BWO page though... last one was done in 2004.
My goal is to do a pretty heafty update to the website in terms of content sometime close to when we're going to release.  Probably in the 8 weeks or so upto release.  Please don't take that as a sign that it will actually be 8 weeks but I'm just saying that when we're close then we'll start to make a big deal out of what BWO is all about.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
:hopping:
how goes the project  :confused:  ;7
still slated for 2010 fall?

they release week before MT so year 3500 is best quess
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
I'm sure Inferno will come out first. I think BlackDove said that you still had to put all the voices in before you release BWO. Has this changed or do we have to wait for the voices? We can just accept voice synthesis until a patch with voices comes out. Voice synthesis also makes me laugh sometimes because it say things like "dot dot dot" mispronounces things, says "hyphen, hyphen, hyphen", has a constant monotone voice even in action packed scenes, etc. ;)
I think we'll put that particular point to a vote.  I think we'd like to have a good idea of where were going before we decide yes to voice with release or no to voice with release.
- IceFire

Offline DREDHAWK

• If you go to Z'Ha'Dum you will die. (Kosh,Babylon5
    • Youtube Channel
Well how would of thot my name would still be in the databank do they ever purge them its been a couple of years.  i just wondering if yall are going to get done some time before the year 3000. anyways yall get done when you get done.
FROM FS1
When the destroyers came for us, we attacked. Never had we been defeated. They were like the others: strange, hideous, resisting, fighting. Only these were not like the others: They did not die. We made our first retreat. We could forego one system. We left it to the destroyers and went elsewhere. But they followed. They hunted us. They followed us when we retreated, discovered where we lived.
For a long time we did not know why they chased us. They were no ordinary enemy. They did not seek our territory, our technology, our resources.
Now we know our crime was sin.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
We're currently beta testing Episode 3, Mission 8...there are a few more missions infront of that and then we're done the first round of testing. This has been a long process and BlackDove and Ace have devoted many hours to making this happen.  There was alot of work to do and quite a few things that needed to be fixed in this run.  The second run will finalize alot of stuff and then we'll be seriously considering a release date.

We're also HT&Lizing some of the ships that were modded in.
- IceFire

Offline DREDHAWK

• If you go to Z'Ha'Dum you will die. (Kosh,Babylon5
    • Youtube Channel
thats good   I guess when yall moved offer from the FSwatch sever yall took all the Forum info with yall. but of course FSwatch is still up just hasnt been update in like 2 years. its funny you find dead site like that on the net just wasting space.

FROM FS1
When the destroyers came for us, we attacked. Never had we been defeated. They were like the others: strange, hideous, resisting, fighting. Only these were not like the others: They did not die. We made our first retreat. We could forego one system. We left it to the destroyers and went elsewhere. But they followed. They hunted us. They followed us when we retreated, discovered where we lived.
For a long time we did not know why they chased us. They were no ordinary enemy. They did not seek our territory, our technology, our resources.
Now we know our crime was sin.

FSWatch is dead. It's been dead for... two years? I don't exactly remember how long.
I really am looking forward to this campaign though, it's got a great plot to it.
Here's a question to IceFire: Do you plan on ever finishing/restarting The Babel Effect sometime? Just wondering  :)

Keep up the great work, BWO team!

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
thats good   I guess when yall moved offer from the FSwatch sever yall took all the Forum info with yall. but of course FSwatch is still up just hasnt been update in like 2 years. its funny you find dead site like that on the net just wasting space.
FS Watch still gets plenty of hits....its in a completely static mode but its more useful than you think.  So its not really wasting space when its still making money for the host in adrevenue.  We officially shut it down through all the normal channels.
- IceFire