Author Topic: Freespace Dreams  (Read 10775 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I know that there is a dreams thread in the general discussion forum, and I am quite certain that someone has made such a thread in this forum before, but I don't recall seeing any recently.

This thread can include dreams as if you are in the FS universe, or something less... like mine.

This morning I had a dream that I was playing FS at a friend's house on a television (rather than a PC screen) and I was trying to get by "The King's Gambit", but I couldn't seem to score a hit on the Uhuru and for some reason every time I tried to replay the mission, the destroyer was even more out of position, and once it even registered as a friendly.  At one point I struck a key (by accident I think) and it brought up a display of some of the game's code.  I did some scanning through it and some of the code seemed to have been cut off and I even saw some references in there to a non-FS game that somehow was by the same company but quite recently.  I concluded that the new program install (or maybe it was a demo for the game) was somehow conflicting with Freespace, so I told my friend that he should reinstall.  The only other thing that I remember from the dream was that later I was still playing and someone else came down and sat on the couch, apparently hoping to watch TV, but I was using the set.  I felt that I should probably not hog the TV, especially since I was playing on a corrupted install anyway, so I shut it off.

Anyone else recall a Freespace dream (that they feel comfortable posting)?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Yeah, I had one.

It included getting mauled by SF Dragons...

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
I've dreamed about the Transcendant. my friends where taken by him in a black nebula. Despite, that, it was a cool dream.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.
I was attacked by Shivans the other morning.  Not in ships, but in a hallway.  Don't recall much after that.
I didn't feel like putting anything here.  Then I did it anyway just to be contrary.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
A bunch of friends and I were being chased around on a deserted island by a wild SD Ravana (the size of a lion about, so a mini one).
Its lower SAAA turret got caught between the planks of a suspension bridge though, and we got to safety.

Then we got to observe a herd of SD Demons grazing on the plains.

It was weird. ****. How did I manage to turn Shivan Destroyers into wildlife? I don't know.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
I dreamed about dreaming about being an SpecOps of the Federation, mostly fighting on the ground against the Tevs but occasionally being forced to fly a prototype fighter that resembles Raiden II fighters but a little weaker and restricted by lack of support and overwhelming reinforcements. I never dreamed about dreaming of finishing it.

• Buntu!
A bunch of friends and I were being chased around on a deserted island by a wild SD Ravana (the size of a lion about, so a mini one).
Its lower SAAA turret got caught between the planks of a suspension bridge though, and we got to safety.

Then we got to observe a herd of SD Demons grazing on the plains.

It was weird. ****. How did I manage to turn Shivan Destroyers into wildlife? I don't know.
I just wonder what the Gargant might be....
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Here's another more loosely FS-related dream that I had.  Many years ago when I decided to start learning to FRED, I stayed up trying to make sense of events and all of the sexps, with little immediate effect.  Also that night, I was coming down with a cold or something, so I ended up with a bit of a fever.  On occasion, when I've had fevers at night they have resulted in some quite vivid and bizarre dreams, and this was no different.  My feverish mind took my confusion over FRED and sexps and personified it.  It's as if the sexps themselves were a mass of shapes that surrounded me but I could not organize into any coherency.  None of the actual visuals from the dream directly related to Freespace or FRED, but I knew even during the dream that it was the FRED events that I was battling.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Marcov

• Chicken Little
  • My Sig Is Spam
I just wonder what the Gargant might be....

This?

With the rapid increase of FS fan-made campaigns, we're giving the GTVA a harder time with more violence and genocide.

~FreeSpace: The Battle of Endor (voice dub)~
Part 1/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9K9-Y1JBTE
Part 2/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtQanXDRAXM
Part 3/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoBLKYt_oG0

Old (original) videos:
Part 1/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ygskaoUtE
Part 2/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0uoPTksBlI

• Buntu!

No no. That's the Gigas and a Sathanas. I want to know what the Gargant might be.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
I think the Sathanas is much larger than any dinosaur but eh whatever. I think I get the point.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I had a dream ships from FS (and some other settings) poured into our reality.

I recall many ships in orbit, some combat, and an damaged Orion hovering above the sea, next to the city. And fighter landing in the middle of the city. And everyone was like "omg"
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
My dreams about Freespace are boring
All I've done was replay missions in my head. That's about it...
"No"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I had this one dream where Blue Planet 3 was released and it sucked. Worst dream ever.

I had a dream where reduxed EAF Lethes were dogfighting reduxed TF Shrikes. High-poly, curvy and somewhat unique versions of both. Not one missile fired at all. Something to wish for. ^.^
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Marcov

• Chicken Little
  • My Sig Is Spam
It's sad to know that I haven't probably got any interesting Freespace dreams yet. Either I dreamt of replays or never at all dreamt about Freespace. :(
With the rapid increase of FS fan-made campaigns, we're giving the GTVA a harder time with more violence and genocide.

~FreeSpace: The Battle of Endor (voice dub)~
Part 1/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9K9-Y1JBTE
Part 2/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtQanXDRAXM
Part 3/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoBLKYt_oG0

Old (original) videos:
Part 1/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ygskaoUtE
Part 2/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0uoPTksBlI

I had a dream about freespace the other day. I woke up in a ship, or some killer sim pod, i'm not sure. I was on a patrol mission for my carrier group, and MAN was it BORING.... there was absolutely nothing happening. The only cool thing was this killer looking nebula. Whoever modeled that thing did an amazing job. It looked like it came straight out of the Hubble Telescope portfolio. And what was really cool was that it actually got closer as I flew toward it. It still seemed to take forever though, and I was starting to get tired, so I ΅©ͨ̈́̈́ͤ
͏real!

͇ͪThats why I went to thΉΉΊЊϪ        ϓдЎνφИоЃϔπЬВ  ϫζShivan toilet paperКЙҷ֑֤֚֫ҨӄӚֿז  ز   ص؍ֹږڪڴۍḒṜẇVasudan toilet!
Ḥṋ₪₤῎ῗᾎᾧ⅍ⅎפּﭒﮑﮈﭕ♪steaming load of unspeakable, alien poo-funk.....     ∟Ω₧₩ﻳ
ﺽώὔἉᾥᾮὕἣ۝۞ۣفص          Ҟҋ҈҉ѺѭйеФﮆךּבּ      ╧╙ﭭ▬╠ﭵﱠﯚאָ╔

Signal Interrupt.
Host: www..com <Invalid HTTP Protocol> I.P. 5.555.55.555 <INVALID I.P. Format>
Signal "UNKNOWN" Requesting access to port: 6846.....
Connecting...........
ERROR: 331
!Warning! Unknown connection requesting access to computer may be harmful. Norton Symantec Software attempting to isolate and close.
Please refer to the product support tab for information on how to enable/disable specific connections in settings: Firewall v2.3
Are you sure you want to disable this process? Doing so may result in system instability due to the proga....
^Process symantec.exe DISABLED
PORT 6846 Connected to 5.555.55.555 <UNKNOWN>

I dreamed that I fell asleep at the controls of my ship, waiting on my carrier group to arrive at my nav point. It was a really strange dream.
There were no people, no ships, no voices, no sound. Just a big black and wine red colored screen where people were typing about some silly game.
It was a really weird dream, because it reminded me of the holovid I checked out while cruising to the nav point. It was about pre-stellar Earth history, and how humans used to communicate over the first primitive networks.
Talk about a wierd dream. Especially since the conversation was ABOUT dreams.
Wait..... I'm still asleep?
Damnnit. I hate it when you dream that you wake up only to realize that you are still dreaming.
I think I hear my proximity sensor klaxon ringing. Must be the carrier group.
Lets try this waking up thing again.... Captain Keller will kill me if she thinks I'm sleeping on the job.... stupid boring-ass patrols.....

"YAAAAAWWWWNNNNN....."

Port: 6846 Disconnecting from 5.555.55.555................

!WARNING! Norton Symantec has performed the following actions:

Quarrantined and deleted file: ☼╝╢◌פֿﯝﮙﯘﭥﭝ.exe
Further information can be found in system log.

System resuming normal action...........

☼╝╢...........◌פֿﯝﮙthe whole damned thing! ﯛצּתּﮫ︢︢︢︢︢ﯧﯗﮦﮆﭖﭭﯞﭶטּ∫▄╫╥├╢╙╫≠Ω∏═≈√↑→▪╩┘║╪╖I couldn'ﯘﭥﭝﯛצּ........תּﮫ︢︢︢︢︢ﯧﯗﮦﮆﭖﭭ
..........slammed int.........ﯞﭶטּ∫▄╫╥├.............╢╙╫≠Ω∏.......for real I .......═≈√↑→▪
And that's why i just couldn't believe that stupid nebula was ╩┘(║etely made of watermelons! I know, crazy, right? it had to be one of the ╪╖)umbest dreams I ever had.
Oh well, Just thought I would share one of my crazy freespace dreams!
Later, guys. (and Gals.)

"Think you've got what it takes to beat me? HA! You don't have a paper dog's chance of catching an asbestos cat in Hell."

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
ITS THE TRANCENDANT!  :shaking:
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
I had a dream where I was flying an Ursa, and my turret gunner was dead, and I was being chased by an SF Dragon.

...  :shaking:
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

I checked this thread, and the next night, inside my dream, I had this striking thought. "I'm seeing a FreeSpace-related dream!! Tomorrow I'll post my dream here!!" :lol: Like I remembered anything about the dream the next day lol :D