Author Topic: Some BWO discussion (formerly PS story)  (Read 12414 times)

Re: Some BWO discussion (formerly PS story)
Wow, that's an interesting read! :) I had some similar idea with the Ancients having been a species that never discorvered subspace for a prolonged time, instead relying on STL colonisation of nearby systems and thus not were engaged by the Shivans (something that I took from that "Unx" species in Venoms/Nicos OTT).

BTW, is PS somewhat related to your "Dreamland" story, or is that just due to this "idea pool" that I was told to exist among early FS community from which several campaigns grew? (I mean due to concept of exploration fleets and fortification mentioned in the other story too)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Yeah the Unx were initially modeled by Dark and were meant to be a pre-warp species that were bumped into with a parallel but different tech development. But a case of a species that'd be easily swatted unintentionally by the Shivans due to the meddling by Terrans and Vasudans.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

I personally love the concept of Vasudans = Ancients; given how small GTVA space is it is much easier to explain the rise of 2 species within a rather small timeframe than of 3. However, it got me thinking too- if the GTVA (or just the Vasudans before that) would excavate Ancient sites and only find Vasudan skeletons, it'd pretty much tell the truth about the Vasudan-Ancient relationship.

While there might be political reasons for that (in particular when the HoL was still active) I doubt that such a discovery could be kept a secret forever. Or is it possibly an oversight that such a finding might be leaked, like with "wouldn't it be possible to have sublight communication to learn of Earths fate"?

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
I agree that Vasudan's being Ancients would been interesting and i think would add more to the story than just adding an another race
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Vasudans as a species obsessed about history would be certainly aware that they originated from another race. Especially considering the fact, that Vasudans and Ancients coexisted for at least 2000 years. I think both games provide enough evidence that they were always separate species, but Vasudans were aware about existence of both Ancients and Shivans. They presumably witnessed the Ancient-Shivan War from the surface of Vasuda Prime. I don't buy this part of the plot completely. I would believe that Vasudans can be somehow altered by the Ancients, but that's all.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.