Author Topic: Twilight Princess Discusion  (Read 11240 times)

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Re: Twilight Princess Discusion
I don't even remember that bit, as I only played the final battle once.

I wouldn't mind seeing a "spin-off" game akin to Majora's Mask or Phantom Hourglass in the TP universe, and that does seem like it could be a plot point for the next game if they so choose.

Offline Topgun

I just can't wait for the next game. tp was really good but it was still a disappointment.
I was hoping for something with, well, more Oot...
and the bosses were way too easy.

Offline Fenrir

• ?
They were easy, but you have to admit they were entertaining regardless. I really liked the battle with Stallord and the dragon thing in the sky city.

Also, the fight with Zant was unexpectedly hilarious, which ended up being a good thing.

Well, TP was too easy, but what annoyed me most that you cant replay many many really fun parts on a completed save game, you need to start all over again

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
I still prefer Wind Waker to Twilight Princess, even though Midna was the best supporting character yet (much better than KoRL, and I'm not even going to discuss the fairies).
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I haven't yet played Twilight Princess, but I haven't really minded the easy boss battles in other recent titles.  Nothing irks me more than having to play a particularly difficult segment of a game over and over again without making any headway.  The battles in something like Wind Waker had some cool mechanics going on and required at least a modicum of competence; I'd much rather have something like that than a juggernaut of a boss who manages to off me some twenty times.  Going back and playing the original Zelda after playing most of the later titles first, I was rather frustrated when the boss of the first dungeon proved to be a massive challenge. :p

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Midna was the best supporting character yet
Well even though I haven't really played any other Zelda titles, Minda was a very well developed character.
I still think the first boss (the "
Spoiler:
giant man-eating plant
) was the biggest "Oh Crap" moment.  And I liked how the bosses were like "Hey I beat it, that was easy... *rumble* Oh Crap all I did was tick it off!"

And has anyone else wondered how Princess Zelda is still alive and youthfull after the several-hundred (alteast) years between the games.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Midna was the best supporting character yet
Well even though I haven't really played any other Zelda titles, Minda was a very well developed character.
I still think the first boss (the "
Spoiler:
giant man-eating plant
) was the biggest "Oh Crap" moment.  And I liked how the bosses were like "Hey I beat it, that was easy... *rumble* Oh Crap all I did was tick it off!"

And has anyone else wondered how Princess Zelda is still alive and youthfull after the several-hundred (alteast) years between the games.

Most of the games aren't connected with each other.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude

Actually, quite a few of them are. Most of the Zeldas are descendants of each other, with the notable exceptions of the Zeldas from Zelda II (that Zelda was the one from the original game, but put into a magical sleep), the one from the Oracle series (spanned both games), and the one from Phantom Hourglass (Obviously).

Of course, the fact that there's no public official timeline to the games screws things up royally.
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam

Actually, quite a few of them are. Most of the Zeldas are descendants of each other, with the notable exceptions of the Zeldas from Zelda II (that Zelda was the one from the original game, but put into a magical sleep), the one from the Oracle series (spanned both games), and the one from Phantom Hourglass (Obviously).

Of course, the fact that there's no public official timeline to the games screws things up royally.

I probably should have noted that I don't recognize any of the GBA/DS titles as actual Zelda games.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
I probably should have noted that I don't recognize any of the GBA/DS titles as actual Zelda games.

That's a bit silly. Link's Awakening was the game that got me into the series, and I've always loved the LttP-style graphics and gameplay present in the portable games.

Phantom Hourglass on the other hand... ugh.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 06:32:18 pm by Turey »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass quite a bit myself, particularly one or two of the weapon mechanics.  That boomerang was just fun.

As far as the portable games as a whole go, I started out my Zelda experience with Oracle of Ages/Seasons on the GBC, and they remain among my favorites.  The GBC was all but dead when those two were released; it was great that Nintendo allowed Capcom to create something that allowed it to go out with a bang and not a whimper.

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Why don't you recognize the Game Boy games? They're just as good as any of the console ones, and Link's Awakening is definitely one of the best in the series.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam

That's a bit silly. Link's Awakening was the game that got me into the series, and I've always loved the LttP-style graphics and gameplay present in the portable games.

Phantom Hourglass on the other hand... ugh.
Why don't you recognize the Game Boy games? They're just as good as any of the console ones, and Link's Awakening is definitely one of the best in the series.

I don't recognize Zelda GBA/DS games. I never said anything about Zelda games for the GB.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass quite a bit myself, particularly one or two of the weapon mechanics.  That boomerang was just fun.

The biggest problems I had with PH were the size and the plot. The game was frankly too small. You finished the main quest (which was far too easy), and there was really nothing else to do. None of the plethora of sidequests and hidden secrets common to most Zelda games. As for the plot, it just seemed like a poor rehash of Link's Awakening (I mean really, Link washes up on an island, the giant white whale, the whole ending).

Offline Fenrir

• ?
I don't recognize Zelda GBA/DS games. I never said anything about Zelda games for the GB.

Oh, right. My mistake.

Offline Roanoke

There's no over-all time line as Nintendo didn't persue one and only recently (~past couple of years) have tried to rationalise it all. I think inreality each game was basically an update of the previous as technology got better. Certainly, Link to the Past was essentially replayed in Ocarina of Time .

IIRC WindWaker, with it's great flood theme, was to be treated as a tangent and persued to it's own conclusion.
Shame. The game wasn't awesome but I thought the mechanic interesting. Plus, the brief visit to Hyrule looked great with cell-shading IMHO.

oh and, as for bosses, Armor Knights FTW! Or Fake-Gannon in OofT.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Anyone know how I get the canoe shop to open?
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Sure Minda was hot...

Looking at Google images, I dare to say you're a pervert.

EDIT: Wait, do you mean this midna or that thing?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 07:04:45 am by Admiral_Stones »
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
He means the Midna who actually looks like an adult woman.