Author Topic: No HUD after cutscenes?  (Read 4790 times)

No HUD after cutscenes?
As the title says, after the in-mission cutscenes my HUD disappears I can't seem to be able to bring it back. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen or not, but I kind of need the HUD to fight.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: No HUD after cutscenes?
Press Shift-O.

Also, this has been mentioned before in the Blue Planet troubleshooting FAQ.

Strangely, it hasn't. This has popped up before though.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Thank you, it worked. I was actually surprised not to find this on the FAQ considering anyone who didn't know about it beforehand should have experienced the same problem. Unless they thoroughly search the forums, which I didn't (sorry).

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's in now. Good call, paralaje.

Let's see if we can fix that in the Director's Cut release.

Offline Darius

If it's after the cutscene in "Frankenstein's Monsters", then it's been fixed in the latest version. The older one from Turey's installer still has this bug.

It was during that mission but, weird as it is, it happened only twice. The first time I quit the mission and came here to get help, the next time ****+O did the job and the third (I failed once) it didn't happen.
I'm pretty certain I have the right version considering I don't know what Turey's installer is.

Offline Leeko

• Computer ketchup
  • Lurking since 2009
:bump:
I tried the Shift+O thing and it didn't work. Using the 3.6.10 build, it happened to me on the second mission, after the escape pod is towed away.

EDIT: I restarted the mission and my HUD didn't disappear after the cutscene this time. :wtf:

EDIT AGAIN: Happened to me again in the mission in which you meet Iwakura and Tell (no way to find out the name, as I haven't beat it yet in this replay of the campaign and it's a red alert mission).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 08:54:27 am by Leeko »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
This is really annoying.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
:bump:
I tried the Shift+O thing and it didn't work. Using the 3.6.10 build, it happened to me on the second mission, after the escape pod is towed away.

EDIT: I restarted the mission and my HUD didn't disappear after the cutscene this time. :wtf:

EDIT AGAIN: Happened to me again in the mission in which you meet Iwakura and Tell (no way to find out the name, as I haven't beat it yet in this replay of the campaign and it's a red alert mission).

have you remaped your keyboard in any way ? have a look in the control config panel and see wht the toggle hud is set as
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline Leeko

• Computer ketchup
  • Lurking since 2009
I didn't know toggle HUD was there... probably the same problem as the Alt-A thing. Which submenu of controls would that be under?

I did a quick replay of BP:AoA (quick meaning cheat-assisted) using the latest 3.6.10 downloads, and from what I can tell, the HUD fails to reappear without shift-O in two places: after the escape pod pickup at the beginning of the campaign, and after the meeting of Iwakura / Demon arrival in Wounded Prey. The HUD reappears by itself consistently everywhere else.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Do these fixes work?

[attachment deleted by Tolwyn]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 10:56:02 am by The E »

Do these fixes work?

Whoops, by Wounded Prey I meant Frankenstein's Monsters, but you figured out what I was talking about. I downloaded the files and put them in data/missions, and the HUD issues were fixed. However, your fixed version of Frankenstein's Monsters seems to have down something to Iwakura's and Tell's behavior; they start moving towards the Duke later now. Was that intentional?

I also noticed on these two missions (though I'm sure it's not unique) that pressing F4 to check objectives and the message log shows "Mission goal text" as the primary and secondary objectives. I'll put this in the polish thread.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Huh? That's weird. The only change I made was to add hud-disable sexps where appropriate.