Author Topic: Unused bombs  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Leeko

• Computer ketchup
  • Lurking since 2009
So I was messing around with the weapon cycling cheats and I found two evidently unused bombs, the Supernova and the Apocalypse. They both behave rather oddly; they swerve to the right slowly then curve back and fly toward their target quite fast. Neither is as devastating as their names would have you believe, but the Apocalypse has a very nice explosion sound. Is there a story behind these?

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
AFAIK the Supernova is used on the Titan's missile launchers ... these will fire in a few missions, namely Forced Entry and Preserving the Balance.  Apocalypse I'm not sure ... perhaps it was used at some point but then scrapped.

Offline Qent

Apocalypse I'm not sure ... perhaps it was used at some point but then scrapped.
UEFg Renjian, Karuna class.

Edit: Whoops, NVM, that's an Armageddon. :D

Edit2: Okay, I cannot find Apocalypse anywhere in the table or the ~+9s. Are you sure it wasn't Armageddon?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:20:27 pm by Qent »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The Supernova is bloody devastating (at least in WiH). Fired from the Titan's launchers. Has hitpoints now, I believe (or it should if it doesn't!)

The Apocalypse is a UEF weapons system, as is the Armageddon. The Armageddon as it was released has some really odd behaviors where it flies through targets, so don't take its current form as any predictor of how it will behave.

Offline Leeko

• Computer ketchup
  • Lurking since 2009
Might have been Armageddon. It was at about 1 AM, my memory is a little hazy. Damned synonyms.

EDIT: Checked and it is indeed Armageddon.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 08:39:03 pm by Leeko »

Offline Leeko

• Computer ketchup
  • Lurking since 2009
Why is it they curve away to the right, anyway? Seems like very... strange behavior.

Might have been Armageddon. It was at about 1 AM, my memory is a little hazy. Damned synonyms.

Not quite.  :p "Apocalypse" means "revelation", as in the Apocalypse of John; "armageddon" is the prophesied location of an epic battle at the end of the world, and though armageddon is a Greek word, it refers to a site in Israel.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Uh, well, they're both UEF missiles, so no need to worry too hard!

Offline Leeko

• Computer ketchup
  • Lurking since 2009

Not quite.  :p "Apocalypse" means "revelation", as in the Apocalypse of John; "armageddon" is the prophesied location of an epic battle at the end of the world, and though armageddon is a Greek word, it refers to a site in Israel.

>_> <_<

Uh, well, they're both UEF missiles, so no need to worry too hard!

It's top-secret eh? :P