Author Topic: Cutscene Upgrade Project  (Read 374681 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Cutscene Upgrade Project
Hmm.  Knossos splashscreen?  MVPs cover art in Knossos download menu?  Ok, ok, I'll be quiet now.   :p :warp:

It could be added to the front page screenshots. ;)

Sure thing!

@mjnmixael, can you post a version of that picture either without the FSOpen logo, or with the logo placed in the top-center?  If you visit www.hard-light.net and scroll halfway down the page, you can see what I mean if you scroll down to the "Enhance it with FreeSpace Open" step.

@Goober5000 does that look like a good place for it?  I thought so.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:yes:

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter

I have re-rendered EndPart1 using the new Moloch. You can download it in the first post. Note that the Youtube version is not updated because Youtube is dumb and doesn't let me update videos. The new Moloch version is what will go in MV_Cutscenes in the 4.4.x release of the MediaVPs.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
(looks at post numbers) Might as well quote the older render here so it's easier to see the improvements. ;)

Is it even possible to update existing YouTube videos in the first place? The only "updates" I've ever seen on other videos are removals of certain portions due to copyright.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 03:48:31 am by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
You can perform simple edits via the YouTube, like cutting a portion or blur an element, but if you are looking to update a previous upload for whatever reason, the only option you have is a complete reupload. I guess, it has something to do with how YouTube technically processes a video after upload for its internal referrences (so even if you were to upload the same source file twice they would be different files for the plattform after it is done processing them) - but that's just guesswork 'cause the algorithm is holy and all that...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 01:23:25 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Will you be rerendering the Battle of Endor free-for-all in the background as well? I image that would take some serious work. There's easily 30 warships there, more if you include fighters.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Will you be rerendering the Battle of Endor free-for-all in the background as well? I image that would take some serious work. There's easily 30 warships there, more if you include fighters.

Hell, that free-for-all is the main reason I can't wait to see Mjn's version of this cutscene. I want to see just much more awesomeness Mjn can add to the already-pretty-awesome Battle of Deneb. We all know he's up to the task and whatever he creates will be worthy of his earlier work. :nod:
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
NOTE: These are released under the following license...

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

You are free to copy and redistribute this mod in any medium or format
You must give appropriate credit when using this mod
You must obtain permission to distribute derivative works of this mod
You must obtain permission to use this work for commercial purposes

This post is mostly to make sure that FSPort is aware because the license requires a link to the license be included when crediting as part of the attribution section.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Noted.  The mod has been updated on FSO Installer, and an update is in progress on Knossos.

The ships look awesome in the HD cutscenes, but the people look unsettling and devoid of human emotion

Hi, download links in the initial message are broken, site mixhaipro.com returns weird HTML for any path.