Author Topic: In-Progress: Freespace: Resolution  (Read 5558 times)

In-Progress: Freespace: Resolution
Homepage:
http://www.metalsiren.com

Contacts:
Deep Eyes (Creator): (MSN) [email protected]
AOL: Deep Eyes NY

I've posted this info about a month before in another forum, it's long since been kicked to the archives. I'm reposting information about my mod, campaign etc., and what will be expected in the coming future. (Image Heavy below)

---------------------------------------------------------
Freespace: Resolution
-Post-Capella Campaign composed of about 20-40 missions, of various size length and detail.
-A plethora of new mods, including some already in existance the uber popular BWO Banshee fighter.
-Xeno-Translucent (XT) technology incorporated into newer ships, older ships, as well as existing Volition Ships.
-Dozens of new charecters.
-Very indepth and well plotted story line (Novelization comming soon).
-New effects such as backgrounds, sunglares, hull shines, glow points - all the new SCP goodness; as well as new beam effects and the Nexus Flight function.
-New weapons such as the 75-Meter Anti-Capital ship shells for the standard large turrets in the GTVA, the "Negotiator" swarm nuclear torpedoes, Reflex missiles, "Relfex" Rail Gun cannons and the Nexus Spread & Focus Beam cannon.

Blah blah blah features! Now the juicy pics, more coming soon...

The GTD XT-01 Nexus Class Destroyer & the GTCC New Mecca Class Colony Vessel.

The GTF NAS (Nexus Advanced Synergy System) under a New Mecca Colony Vessel, with beam from XT-01 firing at shivan cruiser; GTSC Nimitz class carrier.

And the XTD (Xeno-Translucent Destroyer) Orillion.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
The reskins are nice.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline TheCelestialOne

• Man of Exceptional Taste
I like the screens but the Orillion sucks IMO. The Shivans can just follow the lights instead of relying on their sensors now...

No offense but it looks like a space-faring christmas tree.
"I also like to stomp my enemies, incite rebellions, start the occasional war, and spend lazy hours preening my battle aura."

~Supporter of the The Babylon Project~

Like Babylon 5? Like Star Trek? Like science fiction? Go HERE

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by TheCelestialOne
......No offense but it looks like a space-faring christmas tree.

Having a closer look at it .... well, ehhh .... I don't want to hurt deep_eyes, mostly because he is a staff member at RR(despite he hasn't done anything yet, if I remember well).

Think about those poor artists who receive these critism after their hard job to do a texture like that. Honestly said, I have always mistaken the lighting captial ship windows in all games. Now this is a good feature in FS:Resolution apparently.

[EDIT] There is something front of the Demon, what's that? It looks like something Vasudan.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Meh, the windows make them look bigger and more like capships.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I agree. Those capital ships look awesome; regal and majestic. It's in a different style from the FS2 skins, and they actually look pretty damn good IMO.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

i;m thankful for all the constructive criticism, and yes us texture artists who spend hours on end pain stakenly imagening what a cap ship would look with our lil works of 64x64 bits of art, do think and realize heh... not everyones gonna like it. and i know a majority of u guys hated how the hecate and colossus looked...

now being as it were fate has granted me some skills im learning and what not. that with better texturing and modeling (learning). For some odd reason, fs2 on my system (i just fin a reformat and updated my viddy card drivers), looked UBER better then before, that and witha  help of BOBs no clipping.EXE for the SCP... so things are looking better.

when i first began doing FS resolution, the primary concern was realism. thankfully there were dozens of other HLP'ers who have various fields in programing, modeling, artistic etc., and when these guys formed the SCP TEAM, they made a majorty of what i had in mind and on paper, a reality without knowingly doing so. and i know a majority of us out there feel the same way.

when i made those textures, it was to give those ships a sense of true CAPITAL. windows showing the various decks of a ship, windows to give an acutal depth perception and illusionment. hell with bobs new zoom language he's implementing, the aspect of having cap ships there true size would allow these "forced" methods to be seen more in its glory then ever. common now who really wants to fight a battle around a "SHIP" thats shaped like a DILDO and looks like its 90% armor and the lil space in between is where the captain pushes a button?

TopAce: Having a closer look at it .... well, ehhh .... I don't want to hurt deep_eyes,
how was this going to hurt me? lol, u gave me the best criticism... ;) Also, what do u need done? im me or email me cause im still lost with the work dude lol.... BTW im starting school soon so we gotta make the info pass around quick between us...

and KT has seen my works a dozen times over for the past 2 yrs, changing slowly, but growing and getting better as time passes, and GEmp., the style fits into my whole scheme of making the game visually more realistic, through depth perception of texturing, and the Xeno-Translucent series of ships. (Basiclly my fancy smancy way of saying, BRIGHT LIGHTS AND LOOKS ALIVE TEXTURES lol :p ) !

But in the end, i just hope to get SOME help... free terran, ace,  KT, etc, have assisted me only so much, and they've helped me push this project through its fifth yr of developing. (Spawning 3 diff versions that changed dramatically each time); Im glad some people keep me motivated!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Keep it going. Looks like this will be a sweet mod.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Originally posted by karajorma
Keep it going. Looks like this will be a sweet mod.

i hope to have a demo out hopefully by mid september. im still polishing off the demo missions ive been working on. mind you, i suck at fredding and i had to relearn it all OVER again... :ick

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I really like the lights on those destroyers, really does give a better sense of scale, but the reskins themselves just don't do it for me. ;)

Very good job on the website, though - kudos. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline J.F.K.

Well, I just like how this is all shaping up, including the Orillion. Maybe pick another name though, I have memories of Freelancer floating round my head... :)

Have we got an estimated release date?
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
I agree. Those capital ships look awesome; regal and majestic. It's in a different style from the FS2 skins, and they actually look pretty damn good IMO.

I agree 100%. The Colossus actually looks 6km long now.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Woolie Wool

I agree 100%. The Colossus actually looks 6km long now.

Well no, not quite 6km. People don't really have a grasp of how long of an object 6km is. It's one thing when you're driving for 5 minutes, but another thing altogether when you have a ship that long.

Imagine the Empire States Building. 1,453 feet (484 yards / ~450 meters) tall. The Colossus can fit  13 of those in its length - 13!

The Colossus in the pic below, while much better than the stock apparent scale, looks to be maybe twice as tall as the ESB.

SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
according to the numbers ... it is 6 kilometers long.
according to reality .... have you ever seen a 6 km long ship in space in real life and have you flown throught it?

/me looks at the New Mecca Class Colony Ship stats

Wow, 500,000 people in a ship that can hold 9 Lucifers. That's pretty cramped isn't it? And why the Palladium stats?

Offline magatsu1

Those planets in the background look pretty funky as well.
Blitzerland: Knows what he's talkin' about

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Well they're obviously Lunarcell, but I thought they looked kinda cool for LC.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read