Author Topic: Interesting mission question...  (Read 3139 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Interesting mission question...
I made these five or so missions a long time ago, and it occured to me to ask why there was a [V] symbol next to them in the load screen, but none on any other missions?

Offline JarC

if /me remembers correctly this means they are validated for multiplay on PXO
Use the WiKi Luke
See You @ WIGGY's

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Yes but they were all singleplayer missions that I never released :)

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
no. "validated for multiplay" is a "ticked" image :)

the V means "Volition made".
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
That's...interesting.
Think maybe I was onto something? :D

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
What are their file names?

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I was thinking it might be that :)
Names are Mis-1, Mis-2, etc.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Probably some sort of flag...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Or they were done over a template of a "ripped" mission, i.e. extracting a mission and clearing it to use the background.  Odd that it would just come up though.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Just didn't work with me, either, I sent them to someone else, and it also showed up for them!

By the way, it doesn't work with FSO, sooo, maybe it was something [V] programmed in that the coders removed?

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
It means that either you work for volition, or you work for the CIA and the V is an ultra compressed file filled with data that you have to keep safe from other spies.  Nice setup for transferring the data, to the people you need to get it to.:)
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Thanks Shadow, that was exactly my next thought :p