Author Topic: Bugs in the Ross 128 mission  (Read 11043 times)

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
Bugs in the Ross 128 mission
*waiting for the ported one*
This looks pretty damn snazy:D
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
------------------------------------------
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
Error: Argument count is illegal.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( has-arrived-delay 0 "Delta" )
)
(Error appears to be: when)
File:D:\PROJECTS\FREESPACE\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 3245

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That doesn't show up for me. :confused: When do you get that error?  Does it flag the error when you open it in FRED?

Offline Antares

I crash to desktop and get that error when I try to load the mission from the tech room.  I have no mods installed for FS1, and I created a brand new pilot to use the mission with.

Am I installing the mission correctly?  Everything in the zip file is just dumped into the main FS directory...

And I'm not a modder, so I dunno how to tinker around with FRED and VPs.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Try putting this into Freespace\Data\Missions and playing that instead.  See if it makes any difference.

Offline Antares

Same error.

Edit: Tried to open the mission in FRED to see what would happen, and FRED apparently decided I wasn't cool enough to do that, crashing in protest.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 06:37:52 pm by 1461 »

Offline jdjtcagle

I ported the misson and I'm getting a ship table error:confused:
I press debug and it says Freespace2 has encountered a problem so it shuts off completely
Predator
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Antares: That zip file I gave you has a different file name.  Are you sure you're playing Test-Ross128 from the mission menu?

jdjtcagle: That's because it uses a different ship table.  I'll port it later.

Offline Antares

I'm positive.  I extracted the mission from the zip directly into FS/Data/Missions, and tried to play it through the tech room.  I hit commit, and crashed to desktop with the same error I had while using the original zip.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I don't know what to tell you then.  It works fine for me. :sigh:

I attached a version of the original mission that has the offending sexp deleted.  The mission will play the same, except you won't hear a message when Delta wing arrives.

Offline Antares

Piss!

Error: Argument count is illegal.

In sexpression: ( when )
(Error appears to be: when)
File:D:\PROJECTS\FREESPACE\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 3245

Call stack:

This shouldn't be happening. :mad:   My FS is fully patched, with no non-retail alterations whatsoever.  Unless WinXP is doing something screwy to it.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ugh.  Okay, instead of clicking "cancel" or "debug", just click "ok" through all the messages.  Tell me how many you have.  You might still be able to play the mission; if not, just wait for the ported version.

Offline Antares

Clicking "OK" is supposed to start up the Debugger; doing so only makes Freespace freeze, meriting a close from the Task Manager.  Hitting "Cancel" does the same thing.  The only way to actually get back to the desktop without hitting the Task Manager first is to click the "X" in the upper-right corner of the window.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Doesn't freeze for me.  Oh well.

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
Getting the same Errors as Antares is for both Freespace and FRED...

Goober5000 what version of Freespace are you running?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Version 1.06.  The DVD version, although that shouldn't matter.

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
I came to that conclusion last night as well, after 2 hours of tinkering with the file in notepad I still couldn't get it working :(. I gather there is an error in the mission thats not getting picked up by the error checker or it could be something on my side but I doubt that.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
But I tested it extensively before releasing it and it works fine for me. :confused:

Perhaps it has too many events?  Try deleting a few events in FRED and see if that helps.  (Again, I don't think that would matter, but it's something else to investigate.) There are a few unneeded events in the mission that I could prune if necessary.

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
Originally posted by Goober5000
But I tested it extensively before releasing it and it works fine for me. :confused:

Did you get anyone else to test it?

Offline jdjtcagle

*bump*
Predator